hybrid vpn

since you guys are taking the time to improve the next frimware, can you add pptp and l2tp to the hybrid vpn.  I tried to set up opvn on my mikrotik router in the US so when Im away I can access my directv stream and other services.  but ovpn is too slow, and i cant upgrade to wireguard.  I mean I could but id have to be on site and i dont want to do it remotely less i brick something and left without that vpn its crucial for me.  I dont really care about those commerial vpns, they always get blocked by streaming services and i already have a gig connetion in the us its super fast and no cost to me. I really really need this.  I love the router its worked great, i dont seem to get all the glitches everyone talks about maybe I got the silicone lottery hehehe.

also how does that no lag vpn thing actually work? it only directs the auth traffic from a specified location to get you that fake location but for games you still go into the us right?  I kinda already do this with a device called deeper network. I go into say africa, login to the game, the game thinks im in africa, i then turn off the vpn but still have the same local ip and go into us lobbies.   so is that how nolag vpn works?

Thanks.

• Administrators

We wouldn't be able to have that for this version, it has been suggested before though so it may come in future.

Yes I believe that's how that particular VPN works

• 2 weeks later...

I've been searching the forum everyday since the last update looking for a new update just like everybody else. I got tired of waiting so I made a forum account just to express my gripes on this matter. The expectations that VPN would be supported was a major reason as to why I purchased the R3 but here we are about 5 months in and no VPN support? This router shouldn't have released without this feature. This is a major issue, an update needs released like today.

On 3/23/2024 at 5:24 AM, blackeagleoslo said:

hi, when is coming hybrid vpn  ? i see people was waiting for this in long time now.

with best regards 

Soon, 2025😆