Best Settings for BF 2042

Hi all i was Wondering if there is any best settings or things i can do to Improve my Gameplay Experience in BF 2042 with Dying instantly and putting a full mag into an Enemy and just Killing them then getting killed when im Miles behind cover then wondering when seeing where a Player was at when being Killed by him being amazed as to how he Killed me through a concrete wall or through a huge Rock any help would be Appreciated     many thanks  Peter

• Administrators

Which router are you using and what firmware version is it on? What is the model of the modem/router the DumaOS router is connected to and how have you set that to ensure all traffic flows to the DumaOS router? E.g. DumaOS router in its DMZ, modem/bridge mode

How do you have Congestion Control and Geo-Filter set?

Hi Fraser im using the R3 which i purchased 3 weeks ago  after owning an R2 which ended up breaking but i have the R3 plugged into an vigor Draytek 130 series in default settings out the box the only thing ive changed is put the dns to manual using cloudfares servers the 1.1.1.1  i dont have it in bridge mode as i didnt think it had to be as i thought the use of the modem was to just plug your router into it and your network into the modem im not sure about the duma os router being set to ensure all traffic flows to the router what would need doing to achieve this as im not sure  im on v4.0.41 the geo filter is set to simple mode with a 500 mile radius geo latency On  ping assist off 0 strict mode on fast search off the Ps5 is in Dmz as i was only getting  Moderate Nat on Cold war until i put it in Dmz and im fine with that since its only a Games console and not my Laptop otherwise it would be port forwarding Upnp is on also not sure what you mean about modem mode/bridge mode steady ping is also off  my speeds are supposed to be 18mb up 80 down but there 13 up and 73 down congestion is set to auto (recommended) speed bypass on optimiser mode Expert my upload ping is 16.5 and download ping is 15.5  im the only one who uses the network as i live by myself and have a Ps5 Laptop Firestick and an S9 connected to the Network with the firestick set to prioritised and Ps5 set to top priority those are the only two Devices on Smart boost also since getting the R3 from new the Automatic update banner has always been greyed out ive had to update it Manually no matter how many times i reset it Its still grey out not yellow and sometimes to get into the login Gui i have to turn off the R3 at the mains and plug it back in to get into the login page thanks for getting back to me Fraser really Appreciated  Peter

Spoiler

42 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That looks like a pure modem (no WiFi) so you can ignore what I mentioned above. What ping are you seeing on average on the Geo-Filter and in game?

Hi Fraser im using the R3 which i purchased 3 weeks ago  after owning an R2 which ended up breaking but i have the R3 plugged into an vigor Draytek 130 series in default settings out the box the only thing ive changed is put the dns to manual using cloudfares servers the 1.1.1.1  i dont have it in bridge mode as i didnt think it had to be as i thought the use of the modem was to just plug your router into it and your network into the modem im not sure about the duma os router being set to ensure all traffic flows to the router what would need doing to achieve this as im not sure  im on v4.0.41 the geo filter is set to simple mode with a 500 mile radius geo latency On  ping assist off 0 strict mode on fast search off the Ps5 is in Dmz as i was only getting  Moderate Nat on Cold war until i put it in Dmz and im fine with that since its only a Games console and not my Laptop otherwise it would be port forwarding Upnp is on also not sure what you mean about modem mode/bridge mode steady ping is also off  my speeds are supposed to be 18mb up 80 down but there 13 up and 73 down congestion is set to auto (recommended) speed bypass on optimiser mode Expert my upload ping is 16.5 and download ping is 15.5  im the only one who uses the network as i live by myself and have a Ps5 Laptop Firestick and an S9 connected to the Network with the firestick set to prioritised and Ps5 set to top priority those are the only two Devices on Smart boost also since getting the R3 from new the Automatic update banner has always been greyed out ive had to update it Manually no matter how many times i reset it Its still grey out not yellow and sometimes to get into the login Gui i have to turn off the R3 at the mains and plug it back in to get into the login page thanks for getting back to me Fraser really Appreciated  Peter

Spoiler
42 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That looks like a pure modem (no WiFi) so you can ignore what I mentioned above. What ping are you seeing on average on the Geo-Filter and in game?

hi Fraser im getting about 40ms ping 

• Administrators

So the ping on Geo and in game do match? There should be a UK server so you should get a much better result I would have thought. If you connect PS5 direct to the modem and play what ping do you get then?

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

So the ping on Geo and in game do match? There should be a UK server so you should get a much better result I would have thought. If you connect PS5 direct to the modem and play what ping do you get then?

Hi Fraser ill Test it when i get in the House cheers for the help and your Patience 

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Spoiler
3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

hi Fraser im getting about 40ms ping