R3 USB

Can the USB port on the R3 be used to access Pen drives etc, or is it there for external power only? I have looked in the settings to see if there is some sort of smart share option, and cant find one.

12 minutes ago, COD WARFARE said:

It doesn't do any thing at this moment

I didn't think it did, would be handy to have though, and I think there is a topic asking for suggested uses for it.

It does light the rather natty blue LED on my pen drive, so it is connected to the power bus at least.

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

External power right now but I think we do have some ideas for it

It would have been really useful to setup file sharing from Mac to my PC, and file sharing wasn't working on my  Mac Mini, 3 hours later, after some problem solving, and a reinstall of Mac os and its sorted. Thinking about it, fixing the sharing issue was the right thing to do. If the USB had been enabled I probably wouldn't have resolved the issue.

P.s. I should have just reinstalled the OS, it would have only taken half an hour!

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, Mrbchambers said:

It would have been really useful to setup file sharing from Mac to my PC, and file sharing wasn't working on my  Mac Mini, 3 hours later, after some problem solving, and a reinstall of Mac os and its sorted. Thinking about it, fixing the sharing issue was the right thing to do. If the USB had been enabled I probably wouldn't have resolved the issue.

P.s. I should have just reinstalled the OS, it would have only taken half an hour!

File sharing/having it as a NAS has actually been requested so we'll look into it!

4 hours ago, ChrisG82 said:

I would prefer that the R3 will use ist as a permanent storage so that there is no data loss (like Logs, data usage, ping heatmap and so on) after a powercycle…

Exactly! When we run into an issue or upgrade, standard procedure is to factory reset. It should be a main (main) priority for the team, especially for the tinkerers like me.

On 3/15/2024 at 6:39 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

File sharing/having it as a NAS has actually been requested so we'll look into it!

Any update on this? Any dates?