DumaOS and the NGXR1000 is complete poopy

Create this account just to post how fing horrible this router and OS is. I will avoid this crap like the plague going forward. 

Anything is better then constantly resetting to factory settings and re-applying a poopy patch. 

LOL ok - Here is the process:

I setup QoS, very simple network of 3 devices. Settings seem to take effect. Maybe for a week QoS will work. However, at some-point the QoS settings go full-fool and literally stop working, but nothing has changed. With the UI being absolutely abysmal and inconsistent in its functioning I have limited confidence in the settings. 

Anyways, the only fix is to completely factory reset the router and firmware. 

I mean seriously do you guys actually believe this product works and is sustainable in its current iteration? This is my second router doing the same thing. It was so bad, I thought the first router had hardware problems, but damn its just how it was built. 

Also wondering why the check update function does not actually find the latest security update. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Nettwerk42069 said:

LOL ok - Here is the process:

I setup QoS, very simple network of 3 devices. Settings seem to take effect. Maybe for a week QoS will work. However, at some-point the QoS settings go full-fool and literally stop working, but nothing has changed. With the UI being absolutely abysmal and inconsistent in its functioning I have limited confidence in the settings. 

Anyways, the only fix is to completely factory reset the router and firmware. 

I mean seriously do you guys actually believe this product works and is sustainable in its current iteration? This is my second router doing the same thing. It was so bad, I thought the first router had hardware problems, but damn its just how it was built. 

Also wondering why the check update function does not actually find the latest security update. 

Stop working in what sense, the settings revert, it stops prioritizing, throttling etc? Could you expand on the UI being inconsistent etc?

As above it's up to NG on that, I suspect part of it is to prevent the whole customer base downloading and if there was a major brick issue for example it prevents a wide spread issue

Drilling down, what I experience on a regular basis (probably weekly maybe bi-weekly) are:

(1) priority traffic throttled to a halt (talking bits per minute, bps) but not blocked, when there are no other devices competing for bandwidth.

(2) seems to stop prioritizing traffic, effectively turning off QoS (buts its still enabled).

Finally, doesn't happen as often as the other issues, but yes QoS configurations have reverted.

Regarding the UI, its really difficult to articulate the issues on this one for me. But, everything from unresponsiveness to other settings reverting randomly. I got into a habit of having to double check settings to ensure they stick. 

I just kept telling myself, there will be a patch. But after a few years and two devices,  finally decided to have enough of it. 

• Administrators

Priority traffic as in Traffic Prioritization? What rules have you added there? Depending on the traffic that would be normal. What rules have you added? If just a gaming rule when you're not gaming it'll stop prioritizing. It might be if you put your gaming platforms in instant on/standby modes that it's struggling to determine when it is back online. 

For the interface, are you using Armor? If you clear cache/cookies and reload each page once it should be faster. Also make sure you're accessing using HTTP not HTTPS.