Download capped?

Roberto90

I am currently setting up my new Netduma r3 and after numerous speed tests I am only reaching 95mgs download speeds. My download should be atleast 350mgs and always was when tested.

Any reason why its capped my speed?

Also, I have set my home location as outside of Europe (using the geofilter) and its still putting in in servers in europe. I am in the UK on Xbox. 

• Administrators

Are you testing the speeds on the router itself or on speedtest.net for example? If the former you can ignore that, it uses different servers that you may not get good results to but if you put in your expected/correct speeds it won't limit you. If the latter and you have put your expected speeds in, in LAN Settings on the router what does it show for the link speed for the port the device is connected to?

Try this for the Geo-Filter:

• Disable GeoLatency
  • Disable PingAssist (set it to 0,0)
  • Enable Strict Mode
  • Disable Fast Search
  • Use Simple instead of Custom for the radius

Then restart game or wait 10 minutes (in the lobby in the game). If that doesn't work, reboot PC/Console and it should work then.

I used the speed test on the Netduma software, AND I tried the online test I usually use. I restarted and reset and still the speeds we maxing at 95mbs download.

I unplugged the Netduma and now using my normal setup and my speeds are back up to 385mbs. Clearly the Netduma is capping my speeds. 

• Administrators

What is the model of the modem/router the R3 is connected to and how have you set that to ensure all traffic flows to the R3? E.g. R3 in its DMZ, modem/bridge mode

I have a Virgin Media Hub 5 and I put it into Modem mode. I spent most of yesterday trying to work out why the speeds were so significantly lower than they should be. What else can I try? 

Hi !

I was able to read this on another post, it seems that the bridge mode on certain ISP routers/modems limits the LAN ports to 100Mbps.

What does the WAN say on the R3 (Link speed) ? :

If it shows 1Gbps when it is limited to 100Mbps, it's probably a graphics bug!

• Administrators

Good advice above, if that is the case try putting the VM Hub into router mode and copy the WAN IP from the R3 WAN Settings page and put that in the DMZ function on the VM hub then check the speed from the R3 again. Also make sure you have entered your expected speeds on the router.

I have tried all the advice above and I am unable to get the speeds where they should be. Could you please direct me to how to return the item for a refund. Thanks