EAFC24 Speed Up Lag

banjo22

Hi,

I've seen this many times to log it to see if anyone else has experienced it. My game will stop responding for about 5 seconds, then the game will catchup; always online games and only EAFC is affected. I play a lot of COD and have not noticed it on that game.

PS5.

Anything I can check for to prevent it?

For anyone wondering what I mean, see the video I uploaded below:

When I lob passed to the player (Sawa) my game stopped responding, then caught up. I'm assuming something on the network did something at that moment, and when this happens, but I thought the whole point of prioritising traffic is that my PS5 shouldn't be affected by anything else on the network uploading/downloading.

My PS5 is the only device listed in Smartboost, as is Gaming.

For anyone who plays EAFC and Champions this is quite a big issue 😛

12 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Check the ping on the Geo-Filter page when that happens, do you notice it spike up massively? Does the game have an in game ping reading you can enable?

I'll keep an eye on that next time. It happened in the game straight after the one I uploaded.  have turned on ping and connection monitoring within EAFC.

I have someone in the house watching Netflix which is taking a lot of bandwidth, but like I said, everything is set to the PS5 to prioritise for traffic so it shouldn't affect it.

12 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It seems like it's caused by a massive spike in ping so do keep an eye on that. How do you have Congestion Control set? You'll need that setup properly as well to prevent it

Where's congestion control? ANy guides to set that up?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2024 at 11:55 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

You can find that in Ping Optimizer > Advanced, set it to Always, 70% for download & upload and see if it is better after that

For the record I set this. Still happens, only on EAFC. Never has this on the XR1000 ever, it’s becoming unusable. 

• Administrators

70% is our recommended starting point but isn't necessarily perfect for everyone, experiment with the percentages to see which works best for you

7 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

70% is our recommended starting point but isn't necessarily perfect for everyone, experiment with the percentages to see which works best for you

More I’m playing COD I’m noticed a lot of lag now too. I’ve played around with the percentages, not much is making a difference. 
what is the router doing here? My upload is 8mb!

IMG_5288.png

• Administrators
9 hours ago, banjo22 said:

More I’m playing COD I’m noticed a lot of lag now too. I’ve played around with the percentages, not much is making a difference. 
what is the router doing here? My upload is 8mb!

Could be the above. That'll be local traffic as it wouldn't be possible to go above your internet speeds

• 2 weeks later...

This still happens, I know it's devices on the network triggering spikes as I was in a game then when my wife turned on her laptop on and my game stopped responding and  the speed up lag occurred. This NEVER happened on the XR1000 but consistently happens on the R3, so what technology has changed? The whole point with speed boost and prioritising traffic is that it protects me from these other devices.

Is this going to be resolved?

44 minutes ago, banjo22 said:

This still happens, I know it's devices on the network triggering spikes as I was in a game then when my wife turned on her laptop on and my game stopped responding and  the speed up lag occurred. This NEVER happened on the XR1000 but consistently happens on the R3, so what technology has changed? The whole point with speed boost and prioritising traffic is that it protects me from these other devices.

Is this going to be resolved?

Are you using a hardwired connection? That would help!

11 minutes ago, Luis Gomes said:

Are you using a hardwired connection? That would help!

Yep. Exact same setup as I had with the XR1000, which had many problems but prioritsing traffic never one of them

• Administrators

The Congestion Control aspect will resolve that so you'll need to experiment with the percentages to find what works best - 70% doesn't work for everyone

7 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The Congestion Control aspect will resolve that so you'll need to experiment with the percentages to find what works best - 70% doesn't work for everyone

Can you explain the percentages please? I played around with them and didn't see much improvement, its also hard to test as its just random spikes

• Administrators

Saturate your connection with downloads while following this guide: https://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-how-to-test-your-internet-ping It's best to start with a high value for Congestion Control (set on Always), say 95% then do a test, decrease by 10%, test, decrease by 10% etc, until you get to a value that is pretty good and then try 5% either side of that value to see if it can be improved. It's important to note that Download & Upload on Congestion Control don't have to be the same value and that you may have a better experience with differing values.

13 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Saturate your connection with downloads while following this guide: https://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-how-to-test-your-internet-ping It's best to start with a high value for Congestion Control (set on Always), say 95% then do a test, decrease by 10%, test, decrease by 10% etc, until you get to a value that is pretty good and then try 5% either side of that value to see if it can be improved. It's important to note that Download & Upload on Congestion Control don't have to be the same value and that you may have a better experience with differing values.

There is certainly something not right. I have followed that guide. When not flooding the network the ping was consistent at around 20ms. I started downloading and regardless of what I set the % to whilst having 'Always On', on, the NAS (what was downloading)  was using all 30mb of my bandwidth, it never changed from 50% to 90%. (My speeds are 30 down, 7 up) Help!

Just to add to this. I will go into an online EAFC game, start the download going on the NAS again and all 30mb is dedicated to the NAS despite me being in an online game, my PS5 being in devices in Smartboost (the only device) and only having Gaming under priorities. (Always on, on)

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Are you using PPPoE/VLAN/IPv6 or DHCP Identifiers? If you disable IPv6 in LAN/WAN do the percentages then take affect?

PppoE. I can try that tonight and report back 

Just now, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay keep us posted! Otherwise it might be due to PPPoE

Been pppoe on the R2 and Xr1000…..seems like an easy get out clause to blame that.
 if it’s pppoe then how long do I have to send the r3 back?

• Administrators

Not really an easy one, both of those didn't have QoS working correctly with PPPoE.

I don't know that it is that but its a potential. You can refer to netduma.com/terms for those details

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Not really an easy one, both of those didn't have QoS working correctly with PPPoE.

I don't know that it is that but its a potential. You can refer to netduma.com/terms for those details

IPv6 was already disabled for the record.

I have emailed about returning the device, not sure what the point of having PPPoE on it if it doesn't work correctly. You mention QOS on the XR1000 but I never had this issue over 2 years using it..