XR1000 V2. slower speeds than my old XR500.

hi. i just bought the XR1000 V2 and for some reason my internet is slower than my old XR500, i usually get 850 download but with this new router its only giving me 500? i have no clue what to do here. ive tried factory reset to no preveil. any suggestions? is this a known issue?

19 hours ago, tiger-balboa said:

Hola. Acabo de comprar el XR1000 V2 y por alguna razón mi Internet es más lento que mi antiguo XR500, normalmente obtengo 850 descargas, pero con este nuevo enrutador solo me da 500. No tengo idea de qué hacer aquí. He probado el restablecimiento de fábrica sin previo aviso. ¿alguna sugerencia? ¿Es este un problema conocido?

Desactiva Qos por completo.

yes i input 900 down and 110 up as that what i pay for. XR500 achieved my speeds but this XR1000v2 does not . same settings i used for the XR500 also.  no other devices connected other than pc to set it up as it was a new router. main isp didnt have anything connected JUST the XR1000V2.

i even plugged the XR500 back in yesterday to make sure it wasnt my net. everything was fine, so why does this new one not give full speed? 

ive sent to files after speed tests. 1 with QoS active and 1 with it disabled. 

Screenshot 2024-02-23 020713.png

Screenshot 2024-02-23 020601.png

1 hour ago, tiger-balboa said:

yes i input 900 down and 110 up as that what i pay for. XR500 achieved my speeds but this XR1000v2 does not . same settings i used for the XR500 also.  no other devices connected other than pc to set it up as it was a new router. main isp didnt have anything connected JUST the XR1000V2.

i even plugged the XR500 back in yesterday to make sure it wasnt my net. everything was fine, so why does this new one not give full speed? 

ive sent to files after speed tests. 1 with QoS active and 1 with it disabled. 

Screenshot 2024-02-23 020713.png

Screenshot 2024-02-23 020601.png

So everything is working now or?

after the bandwidth reset it was better but not at peak. tried a couple of speed tests with same results. tried resetting bandwidth a couple more times and still the same. 

Screenshot 2024-02-23 225916.png

same still. i even dropped the allocation to 90% to make it back to 900 and that was still the same. no clue. might have to wait for next firmware to see if that changes anything.Screenshot2024-02-24030306.thumb.png.8a4678591429a0e569d131cf1d77f541.png

a tad better. i might just sack it off and use those speeds. at least then im actually getting benefit using QoS. still fast enough for downloads. basically losing out on 130 ish. not too bad for gig net. 

Screenshot 2024-02-24 230430.png

Screenshot 2024-02-24 230444.png

• Administrators

I see you put the device in the DMZ as well, in which case all traffic is flowing through to the device and the firewall isn't a limiting factor either so definitely appears to be the max for you

DMZ is for my PS5. PC is auto ip and everything. ah well. ill stick to these speeds. thank you for boosting it up more for me though instead of that 590 ish i was getting. 

should i turn on portscan again? i know ill lose a bit more again but seems like an important setting.

EDIT. just did another test after turning back on portscan but left NAT to open i broke 800. gonna leave it like this now.

Screenshot 2024-02-24 233338.png

yeah true. just did another test after chrome was closed and it netted 830. also for some weird reason testing whilst i had the settings page open on Duma i got more speed than being on QoS page. lol. no idea why. i did a couple of tests on each page too. bust be the way network it being used on different pages on the OS.

ill stick to what i have now. thank you for going through this with me. ive followed you guys since R1 and i love what you do and have gave us gamers!