Servers or R3

Is anyone else experiencing extremely long wait times to get into games the past 2 days, its taking 8-10 minutes to connect to a game.

It constantly pings servers outside of my radius non stop while looking for a game

Ive changed my location and radius multiple times correctly (shutting game down, removing xbox from geo filter and then re doing it as described on here) no change.

Not sure if its the servers or the R3 

Maybe im missing a setting or something

it keeps on pinging the server in the attached picture…I’ve never set that as my location, not sure why it keeps pinging it to connect 

IMG_5739.jpeg

• Administrators

The longer search times may be because of the season 2 update, potentially servers are more full than normal. That indicates the server has been allowed, either by us or by you, have you added it to your allow list? Are you in a game when it appears or just searching? If the latter it'll be an authentication server which is why we've allowed it as it'll be required for online play.

Not in game when it appears, while im searching..., xbox is in DMZ mode, it was showing port 3074 under UPNP, ,  ive rebooted twice, no change, im at a loss for words at this point lol

after waiting forever for connections, i had my buddy host the lobby (regular router/modem not Duma) we were able to connect no problem

Im just gonna run it with out the filters, kind of defeats the purpose of buying this router but id like to play some games

Side note: should IPV6 be on or off in the settings?

the server in trying to use is about 1000-1500 miles from my actual location….the servers near me are 11-15ms ping and the game feels awful, I think compensation kicks in so I’m trying for a higher ping server which I’ve had luck with 

• Administrators

Understood, try this:

1. Quit the application/game/client completely
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Resync from the Geo-Filter Map menu
  4. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter
  5. Set up the Geo-Filter how you like
  6. Wait 2 minutes
  7. Boot up application/game/client

Then see if it works better.

So i was able to relocate my location to use the london servers, as soon as i clicked on find a game it said "searching for a match <101 ms ping, which was correct, played one game and now when im searching for a match it says "searching for a match <38 ms ping" and its pinging USA servers again without me doing absolutely anything

• Administrators

What game is it you're playing exactly, CoD? It would indicate the game doesn't want to put you on those servers for some reason. With the Geo-Filter disabled, presumably you're getting more local games, what ping are you getting to those?

Hello! I'm from Kazakhstan, I play black ops 4, my ping is always 200. is there a way to fix this? ports forwarded, everything is included. the best ping I ever get is 140

photo_2024-02-18_00-20-07.jpg

photo_2024-02-18_00-19-48.jpg

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, Briarei said:

Hello! I'm from Kazakhstan, I play black ops 4, my ping is always 200. is there a way to fix this? ports forwarded, everything is included. the best ping I ever get is 140

This will very likely be due to the closest servers to you and your routing to them, in which case we can't counteract that. What does Ping Heatmap show your lowest ping server is?

43 минуты назад, Нетдума Фрейзер сказал:

Скорее всего, это произойдет из-за ближайших к вам серверов и вашей маршрутизации к ним, и в этом случае мы не сможем этому противодействовать. Что показывает тепловая карта Ping у вашего сервера с самым низким пингом?

Screenshot_1.png

48 минут назад, Нетдума Фрейзер сказал:

Если вы переместите свое местоположение в геофильтре, чтобы охватить эту область, вы сможете подключиться да

how to move?

4 часа назад Нетдума Фрейзер сказала:

Нажмите на значок дома на карте, затем нажмите на карту в области сервера

Thanks for the advice! The problem is that these servers are not stable! Either they exist or they don’t. Is it generally possible to find out in which country the server for black ops 4 is located? Is there any list of servers?

The most interesting thing is that if you notice that there are no servers throughout Eurasia. Although there is a huge CoD community of all parts. We have a large number of CoD discs on the secondary market. People start playing and quit games due to high ping. Because if you have an opponent with a ping of 10 against your ping of 200+, it looks funny. They are losing a very large and profitable market.

• Administrators

As in you're finding it hard to force the servers there? There might be a list online someone but generally all the CoD games use the same server locations but as it is an older game some may have been taken down. Yes it is disappointing that there are so few servers outside EU & NA.