IGMP R3

bitz

Good evening everyone, I can't find an option to activate igmp on the R3, unlike the xr500. Is this an option that has been removed????

• Administrators

The settings on the Netgear routers are done by them, the settings on our routers are done by us so it's not available but it never was so hasn't been removed if you see what I mean

Sorry, I will correct it, I obviously wasn't very precise, the igmp proxy option does not appear in the new R3 router. has this option disappeared?

Maybe a picture of the XR500 will refresh your memory ?

image.png.1c5ff0eb129ca4952ad946f55683f373.png

46 minutes ago, bitz said:

Sorry, I will correct it, I obviously wasn't very precise, the igmp proxy option does not appear in the new R3 router. has this option disappeared?

Maybe a picture of the XR500 will refresh your memory ?

image.png.1c5ff0eb129ca4952ad946f55683f373.png

XR500 Made by Netgear

R3 Made by Netduma

------------

2 different companies

• Administrators

My previous response is correct:

1. XR500 is a combination of DumaOS (created by us) + Netgear hardware/settings - IGMP is in Settings, therefore done by Netgear, we have no involvement.
  2. R3 is purely DumaOS (created by us) this includes the settings - Our settings will not be the same as Netgear settings, IGMP isn't missing as it wasn't ever included in our own settings

Just to be clear, Netduma R1, R2, R3 have never had an IGMP option in settings, we have not made that functionality. IGMP option in settings does exist on the XR router settings, made by Netgear.

I understand better, thank you for the clarification! Unfortunately the Dumas Os efficiency, loses its priorities, and its power, the whole point is to connect everything behind the R3. My ISP distributes the TV channels through the internet and this protocol! unfortunately my tv device does not work behind the R3 router. unless you have a tip to solve this? Thank you in advance for your quick response!

• Administrators
39 minutes ago, bitz said:

I understand better, thank you for the clarification! Unfortunately the Dumas Os efficiency, loses its priorities, and its power, the whole point is to connect everything behind the R3. My ISP distributes the TV channels through the internet and this protocol! unfortunately my tv device does not work behind the R3 router. unless you have a tip to solve this? Thank you in advance for your quick response!

Have you got the R3 in the DMZ on your ISP modem/router? I can request the feature to be added but may not be a quick thing

• Administrators

Try disabling the protection options in Settings, that might help, if not try disabling SmartBOOST. Otherwise I don't think there is anything else that would be blocking it.

I will make that request.