Call of Duty and VPN

Anyone using vpn in mw3? How is this working? Any difference? I see some people saying that are connected to Egypt for example so they can play in easier lobbies. But why wont they simply use geo location? Also, wont you have like very high latemcy if you do such thing?

Thanks 

If your ping sky rockets you are using the VPN wrong. I use a VPN but it is a bit hit & miss and if your kd is low you are better off not using one.

4 minutes ago, jonnyg56 said:

If your ping sky rockets you are using the VPN wrong. I use a VPN but it is a bit hit & miss and if your kd is low you are better off not using one.

can you please elaborate. How do I use VPN the right way?

2 hours ago, jonnyg56 said:

My kd is fine. But I'm wondering how the "I use vpn to get easier lobbies" thing works. How ? I tried Saudi arabia using geo filter(I'm in Europe). Ok,some good players and some bad players. Some hard lobbies some bot lobbies. Not much of a difference. How everybody else is getting bot lobbies all the time by using vpn?

This topic has been covered a fair bit in this forum and tends to ruffle feathers.

You do not vpn to another country, you use the vpn on port 3074 & 443 to make the game think your geo location is in that country of choice and you connect to local servers.

My KD is pretty bad so its very hit and miss but on the most part the lobbies feel more fair.

If you find out

4 hours ago, Satiros said:

How everybody else is getting bot lobbies all the time by using vpn?

let me know 😂

Use the search function,  there's loads of info on improving your game experience......... type in SBMM 

21 minutes ago, jonnyg56 said:

This topic has been covered a fair bit in this forum and tends to ruffle feathers.

You do not vpn to another country, you use the vpn on port 3074 & 443 to make the game think your geo location is in that country of choice and you connect to local servers.

My KD is pretty bad so its very hit and miss but on the most part the lobbies feel more fair.

If you find out

let me know 😂

Use the search function,  there's loads of info on improving your game experience......... type in SBMM 

I think you misunderstood me. My kd is 2.6. I dont have problem with the game. I'm just curious.

On 2/4/2024 at 2:34 PM, jonnyg56 said:

You only VPN Port 3074 & 443 on console. 

How can I do this with expressvpn for example ?  I can't find a tutorial or support for this. Is it possible with a custom script?

On 2/4/2024 at 8:04 PM, jonnyg56 said:

If you find out

let me know 😂

Hi, can you do this without buying a VPN service and using only geo filter?

40 minutes ago, imtired97 said:

Hi, can you do this without buying a VPN service and using only geo filter?

Tbh I'm trying also to understand the difference. If you wont use vpn you and just use geo filter then you connect wherever you want and have higher ping. If you use vpn what will change ?