NetDuma R2 Setup Loop

Trev

Hello!

I've had issues with my R2 since I received it. Originally I needed to plug it into a second router for the connection to be stable. Eventually I put it in a box and it was never used. I went to take it out of storage and see if any of the recent firmware upgrades fixed this issue and I've since ran into a new problem making it unusable.

When booting the router and walking through the initial setup, everything works for about 1 minute. Then the R2 disconnects from the PC and resets itself entirely. I have demonstrated this issue with the video below (I recommend watching in 2x speed):

Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Trevor

• Administrators

I'd suggest doing the following:

1. Download the .280 update to the PC
  2. Disable IPv6 for your PC ethernet adapter
  3. Get through the wizard and upgrade immediately

See if it's more stable after that

35 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I'd suggest doing the following:

1. Download the .280 update to the PC
  2. Disable IPv6 for your PC ethernet adapter
  3. Get through the wizard and upgrade immediately

See if it's more stable after that

no luck :(

Let me know if I'm missing any steps.

• Administrators

Disconnect the router from the modem, then go through again and just wait to see if the browser auto refreshes, don't open another tab or ipconfig, it could take up to 4 minutes

16 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Disconnect the router from the modem, then go through again and just wait to see if the browser auto refreshes, don't open another tab or ipconfig, it could take up to 4 minutes

Still nothing. With it disconnected from the Modem, it seems to disconnect and start the setup loop faster. When dropping the .280.sig file and sending it for update, it doesn't even complete the blue loading bar either.

Just now, Netduma Fraser said:

Get through to the interface, do a factory reset from there, wait 4 minutes before accessing then try it again please

Tried with and without connectivity to the modem. No luck

• Administrators

Unplug the R2 from power, wait for 30 seconds, hold the Factory Reset button, while continuing to hold plug the power back into the R2 and keep holding the reset for 30 seconds then release. Wait 4 minutes, then try accessing please and see if you can go through the setup wizard and keep a connection.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/30/2024 at 7:07 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Unplug the R2 from power, wait for 30 seconds, hold the Factory Reset button, while continuing to hold plug the power back into the R2 and keep holding the reset for 30 seconds then release. Wait 4 minutes, then try accessing please and see if you can go through the setup wizard and keep a connection.

This was able to work momentarily. I was able to factory reset it and it functioned as a switch until my power went out this morning. Now we are back to the setup loop.

• Administrators

If it's working as a switch then it's still not working at all.

1. Right-click on the Network/WiFi Windows Network Icon on the PC on the bottom-right hand side of your screen
  2. Open Network and Sharing Center.
  3. Click Change Adapter Settings.
  4. Right-click your connection and go to Properties.
  5. Uncheck the box next to Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) to disable it.

Then try accessing the interface and see if it works please. If not please do an ipconfig

It is doing the exact same setup loop as earlier in this thread. IPv6 does not assist the issue.

2 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If it's working as a switch then it's still not working at all.

1. Right-click on the Network/WiFi Windows Network Icon on the PC on the bottom-right hand side of your screen
  2. Open Network and Sharing Center.
  3. Click Change Adapter Settings.
  4. Right-click your connection and go to Properties.
  5. Uncheck the box next to Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) to disable it.

Then try accessing the interface and see if it works please. If not please do an ipconfig

• Administrators

Set a static IP on the PC with the following details

IP address: 192.168.77.100

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Default gateway: 192.168.77.1

DNS: 192.168.77.1

If you're not sure how to do this, you can check this guide: https://kb.netgear.com/27476/How-do-I-set-a-static-IP-address-in-Windows then try accessing 192.168.77.1 please and see if it works.Set a static IP on the PC with the following details

Any reason you are doing this in a private tab versus a non private tab? I always thought the Netdumas relied on cookies etc for proper functionality? Maybe im wrong. 

• Administrators
11 hours ago, bbursley said:

Any reason you are doing this in a private tab versus a non private tab? I always thought the Netdumas relied on cookies etc for proper functionality? Maybe im wrong. 

It would be better in some instances but isn't required for proper functionality