Question on XR500 Updating Firmware Can i backup/restore

I have a few questions

Theres a backup feature on xr500,does that back up all settings, i have settings for gaming NAT open Port forwarding,UPnP features, traffic contolling etc. after updating the router gets reset correct? can i just restore a saved backup and all the settings get applied but with new firmware?

• Administrators

It will save some settings yes but I don't think it will restore everything. You can upgrade the firmware and settings will not reset, they'll only reset if you do a factory reset.

im on v2.3.2.108 for xr500 router, can i update to the newest or should i install couple of versions 1st?just wondering is that  big jump from v2.3.2.108 to latest one.

also just wanted to make it clear,when updating to newer firmware i should factory reset also? or is that optional, plus was reading (but not sure is necessary) the DHCP IP address range to .100 to .150 or .200 set after reset?

Im just trying to understand, kind of new on this and even though my router with older firmware is running great i should still update but just want to cover on whats needed to do or whats the protocol so i dont miss anything. thanks for understanding.

Sometimes installing an old profile on an updated firmware can create issues. It depends on what has been included on the update and what your saved profile contains. Sometimes it's best just to do a fresh restore and just set it up again manually.

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Victor FranKo said:

im on v2.3.2.108 for xr500 router, can i update to the newest or should i install couple of versions 1st?just wondering is that  big jump from v2.3.2.108 to latest one.

also just wanted to make it clear,when updating to newer firmware i should factory reset also? or is that optional, plus was reading (but not sure is necessary) the DHCP IP address range to .100 to .150 or .200 set after reset?

Im just trying to understand, kind of new on this and even though my router with older firmware is running great i should still update but just want to cover on whats needed to do or whats the protocol so i dont miss anything. thanks for understanding.

Ah okay, I mean I would recommend a factory reset to be honest after updating to the latest as it will be a big jump and it shouldn't take long to do the settings again. As above it's also not a good idea to restore settings from a previous update. You don't have to change the DHCP settings.

i updated the xr500 to newest firmware and reset router.all seems good,but i do see speeds little low, was getting 940/870 before update,now after update get 840/875 

then i reloaded saved file

also trying to add and edit traffic rules but cant.

the cold war was from saved backup file

im trying to add tcp and udp 3074-3074

the mw3 & mw3 two is what i just added but cant access or delete them, see pic attached

Traffic-Rules-no-edit-or-shown.jpg

thanks for that.i reset router, didnt upload backup and just did that on QoS page to open NAT for MW3 Call Of Duty. Now there doesnt show Call Of Duty at all,it shows other games but not that?

when i created the Traffic Prioritization it automatically created DumaOS Classified Games?just wanted to see if its normal and is check on with my 2 PC's that are NAT open for gaming

Traffic.jpg

Ok thanks, here is the WAN Page ,just wanna make sure the settings are correct. all i did was check the box for default dmz server and added the pc ip address, then checked NAT open, the rest i left  as it was on page.

WAN-Setup.jpg