Can't connect to Warzone server

Cdog77

When searching for a game it will eventually find one saying connecting then never actually puts me in a lobby then restarts search. I also can't find the geo latency setting.  My device is set to playstation, I've resynced cloud multiple times. Not sure what's wrong as it's not really done this before.

Captureasdasd.PNG

13 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You don't have Geo-Latency, that's on DumaOS 4. You've put your location in the ocean and don't have Ping Assist enabled so you're not allowing any servers to get through

Oh okay that makes sense. How would I go about keeping it in the ocean but letting my latency in game contiune to search higher and higher until it connects to a lobby as that's a theory for getting better lobbies. I've tried to use the Hybrid VPN through open vpn but for some reason it contiunes to give me in game stutters even on 7 ping and 0 packet burst. It has something to do with tap drivers because when I uninstalled it and stopped using it the stuttering stopped. However I thought open vpn isn't actually a vpn rather something to just get you a higher search latency. I would much rather use the Hybrid VPN because of the easier lobbies but I can't do the stuttering anymore. It never did this back in Caldera, Verdansk etc. In terms of what my game says it shows no lag no packet burst no anything but as soon as I did what I read about deleting open vpn and open vpns tap drivers it worked fine again. and it's not as bad with hybrid vpn and no open vpn on my pc but it's still there. anyway to possibly fix that or resolve that issue? maybe its my port fowarding or what

16 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You don't have Geo-Latency, that's on DumaOS 4. You've put your location in the ocean and don't have Ping Assist enabled so you're not allowing any servers to get through

Also the game keeps randomly connecting me to south africa or something and giving me 200 latency searches. I literally don't touch anything for it to change, will something cause it to change randomly for some reason??? Discord, internet, friends in lobby??? My location is polygond to florida with 0 assist, no strict mode and no auto ping

• Administrators

Using a VPN always has the potentially to get you a higher/more inconsistent ping, you're adding 'hops' to the game server so traffic has further to go before reaching the destination. There isn't really a way to allow a gradual increase in ping as the router is about allowing you to get a low ping. You need strict mode on otherwise that can happen on occasion. 

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Using a VPN always has the potentially to get you a higher/more inconsistent ping, you're adding 'hops' to the game server so traffic has further to go before reaching the destination. There isn't really a way to allow a gradual increase in ping as the router is about allowing you to get a low ping. You need strict mode on otherwise that can happen on occasion. 

Understable, anyway you could possibly try and help out on the other part of the post above?? It's a little long but I can't find a fix myself

9 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Enable strict mode and it should prevent you getting connected really far away

Awesome, will I still be able to VPN and use strict mode to stay in those servers??

9 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Enable strict mode and it should prevent you getting connected really far away

I just realized I've had strict mode enabled the entire time man. Not sure why I said I didnt have strict mode on when I did my apologies

@Cdog77it takes me LONG to find games in warzone too before it was with R1 now its with R3. I don't know what to do.

Edited by iOrcus

• Administrators

Try this:

1. Quit the application/game/client completely
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Give PC PlayStation Device Type in the Device Manager (if on PC)
  4. Resync from the Geo-Filter Map menu
  5. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter with the manual option
  6. Set up the Geo-Filter how you like
  7. Wait 2 minutes
  8. Boot up application/game/client

Then see if it works better. To force servers:

1. Strict Enabled
  2. Fast Mode disabled
  3. Ping Assist 0

You can still use a VPN if it matches the Geo-Filter location you're forcing.

12 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Try this:

7. Wait 2 minutes

1. Strict Enabled
  2. Fast Mode disabled
  3. Ping Assist 0

So hybrid VPNing to New Zealand but geofiltering to Miami isn't an option?? It worked a couple times then for some reason if I joined another discord or a friend joined my lobby it's like it bugged out something. So would I have to reset everything everytime that happens??

13 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Try this:

7. Wait 2 minutes

1. Strict Enabled
  2. Fast Mode disabled
  3. Ping Assist 0

Also would you have any idea why when I hybrid vpn in the duma os when I try and watch videos on twitch or YT it buffers like crazy but whenever I connect with the actual open vpn application I don't have that problem?

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, Cdog77 said:

So hybrid VPNing to New Zealand but geofiltering to Miami isn't an option?? It worked a couple times then for some reason if I joined another discord or a friend joined my lobby it's like it bugged out something. So would I have to reset everything everytime that happens??

5 minutes ago, Cdog77 said:

Also would you have any idea why when I hybrid vpn in the duma os when I try and watch videos on twitch or YT it buffers like crazy but whenever I connect with the actual open vpn application I don't have that problem?

No I doubt that'd work, you'd have a ridiculously high ping, I assume you want to get around SBMM which isn't something we can assist you with.

The speed when using the VPN on the router is limited, so apply it to specific ports/services so the VPN still applies to the device and for things like YouTube it can get full speed using your normal connection.