Improving Download Speeds

I am currently trying to optimize my Netduma R2’s download speeds to maximize them. I split the 2.4ghz and 5ghz (the latter of which I know I need to use) connections and tried different channel widths as well as channels, and as far as I can tell they have gone up significantly since I started. My current speeds went up from basically below 50mbps download speed (using combined connections) to pratically 300mbs (download) depending on the time of day (upload speed is always at it’s highest possible). 
i was curious about any other factors that might be preventing me to achieve at least half ( around 500 ) of my full connection (1000mbs) since it’s not too convenient for me use a wired connection. Are there any other tweaks I can possibly make to achieve this? Regardless of the amount of devices connected or my distance from the router I am limited to this speed, and I figured I could possibly improve it a little more. Any more suggestions the team could provide? 

IMG_1257.png

The max wireless speeds for the R2 are around 300mbs there not much you can do since it limited to the hardware alternatively you can buy yourself an access point to take full advantage of the network/wireless speeds something most R2 users do if they want the OS running the network.

• Administrators

I doubt you'll get much higher than that if I'm honest. You've probably seen what I've posted around but just in case:

• Use a WiFi analyzer to find the least congested channel and change to that
  • Experiment with the widths to see what gives better results
  • Ensure it's in an elevated position - not on a metal surface
  • Ensure there aren't any electrical / wireless devices e.g headphones etc within close proximity ~3 feet if possible
  • Set the antennae to this position _ | | _

The only other option which I could think of would perhaps be to try different router antennae that may boost the speed and range slightly.

Thank you, that’s what I figured. 
In regards to setting up new antennas, is there a specific type someone should look for on the R2/R3?

• Administrators
2 hours ago, LMGN1998 said:

Thank you, that’s what I figured. 
In regards to setting up new antennas, is there a specific type someone should look for on the R2/R3?

I don't have specifics in terms of the connector but if you unscrew one you can see which one you use (it could be a male or female connector), depending on the antennae you might want to use with it you may need an adapter.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2024 at 10:15 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

I don't have specifics in terms of the connector but if you unscrew one you can see which one you use (it could be a male or female connector), depending on the antennae you might want to use with it you may need an adapter.

I decided to come back here since I got the R3. Now I am getting my full internet speeds with 160mhz or 8mhz channel width. I’m just super happy! I also used a wifi analyzer to check the best channel for both 2.4ghz and 5ghz.
As stated by some users, the 2.4ghz speeds, although I don’t use them, are the ones that still seem low, with max download speeds at around 100mbps of a one gigabyte connection. Any further improvements in that area would be of help to R3 users.

• Administrators
52 minutes ago, LMGN1998 said:

I decided to come back here since I got the R3. Now I am getting my full internet speeds with 160mhz or 8mhz channel width. I’m just super happy! I also used a wifi analyzer to check the best channel for both 2.4ghz and 5ghz.
As stated by some users, the 2.4ghz speeds, although I don’t use them, are the ones that still seem low, with max download speeds at around 100mbps of a one gigabyte connection. Any further improvements in that area would be of help to R3 users.

Ah that's great to hear, thanks for the update! We'll be doing WiFi improvements where possible so should get better!