Loss of wired connection

As of this morning none of my devices connected to the R3 via a wire have no access to the router/internet.  My PC keeps saying there is no internet connected, I reboot the R3 and for about 1 min it works then just drops the connection.  I've tried different network cables but I can't see how four devices's cable have gone bad at the same time.

I can connect the pc via Wifi and it works, but this doesn't fix the issue that all the other devices that don't have wifi now have no access to the internet.

• Administrators

Do you have access to the interface to get the log? That would really help us determine what has happened. Unplug the router from power for 10 minutes, plug in, then wait 4 minutes, then see if you have internet via ethernet.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Ace_Uk1000 said:

Hi Fraser

Here are the logs you asked for.  The wired connection has just come back on and has been ok for a little bit.

R3_2024-01-20T10_38_41.785Z_logs.txt 119.95 kB · 0 downloads

Did you change any WiFi/network settings by any chance prior to it happening?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Fraser, how are u?

I’m having the same problem. I’m on the latest .40 firmware and have done a factory reset, but after a few hours all the LAN connected devices have no access to the internet. Only WiFi works. Sometimes it gets in such a state that I can’t even access DumaOS and have to reboot via the on/off switch. Once I restart it works for a few hours. Almost looks like the same problem the Netgear devices had with DHCP.

• Administrators
28 minutes ago, ivanrei said:

Hi Fraser, how are u?

I’m having the same problem. I’m on the latest .40 firmware and have done a factory reset, but after a few hours all the LAN connected devices have no access to the internet. Only WiFi works. Sometimes it gets in such a state that I can’t even access DumaOS and have to reboot via the on/off switch. Once I restart it works for a few hours. Almost looks like the same problem the Netgear devices had with DHCP.

If it was DHCP WiFi devices would go off also, could you provide the logs from Settings > Troubleshooting > Advanced please if it happens again?

On 1/28/2024 at 9:04 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

If it was DHCP WiFi devices would go off also, could you provide the logs from Settings > Troubleshooting > Advanced please if it happens again?

Hi Fraser,

It seems to be stable to a certain point, haven't had a LAN disconnect in a while (But I'm also restarting the R3 more). What's happening now is my PS5 takes a long time to connect to the PSN network or doesn't connect and because of this when I run MW3 (MW3 states networking failed to start and keeps kicking me out) or Fortnite doesn't connect. I have to remove the PS5 from the network and then connect it again or restart the R3 for it to work again.

The other thing is when on my note when I'm on the R3 WiFi and I run my company VPN via OpenVPN in Windows, after a while I lose connection to the internet on the machine. Then I have to disconnect from the VPN, repair the network connection or connect to another WiFi I have. On the other WiFi I can stay connected the whole day to the VPN and have no problem.

I received this WiFi internet disconnect this morning and I downloaded the logs attached.

R3_2024-01-31T13_39_11.067Z_logs.txt

9 hours ago, ivanrei said:

Hi Fraser,

It seems to be stable to a certain point, haven't had a LAN disconnect in a while (But I'm also restarting the R3 more). What's happening now is my PS5 takes a long time to connect to the PSN network or doesn't connect and because of this when I run MW3 (MW3 states networking failed to start and keeps kicking me out) or Fortnite doesn't connect. I have to remove the PS5 from the network and then connect it again or restart the R3 for it to work again.

The other thing is when on my note when I'm on the R3 WiFi and I run my company VPN via OpenVPN in Windows, after a while I lose connection to the internet on the machine. Then I have to disconnect from the VPN, repair the network connection or connect to another WiFi I have. On the other WiFi I can stay connected the whole day to the VPN and have no problem.

I received this WiFi internet disconnect this morning and I downloaded the logs attached.

R3_2024-01-31T13_39_11.067Z_logs.txt 94.29 kB · 0 downloads

Hi Fraser,

Please ignore this for now. I’m going to test the new .41 firmware first. I’ll let u know how it goes.

Thanks.

• Administrators
11 hours ago, ivanrei said:

Hi Fraser,

Please ignore this for now. I’m going to test the new .41 firmware first. I’ll let u know how it goes.

Thanks.

Any luck with .41 so far?

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Any luck with .41 so far?

Hi Fraser,

Yesterday after the update it was horrible. I tried for almost two hours to connect to MW3. Kept saying a network service failed to start in game. I then tried to factory reset, but problem still continued.

Kept trying to reconnect and then it finally connected.

This morning I tried and it connected straight away.

I’ll do more testing this afternoon.

Haven’t tested the VPN today yet, but will let u know how it goes.

54 minutes ago, ivanrei said:

Hi Fraser,

Yesterday after the update it was horrible. I tried for almost two hours to connect to MW3. Kept saying a network service failed to start in game. I then tried to factory reset, but problem still continued.

Kept trying to reconnect and then it finally connected.

This morning I tried and it connected straight away.

I’ll do more testing this afternoon.

Haven’t tested the VPN today yet, but will let u know how it goes.

@ivanreiI play from Australia and we had the same issue and couldn't join parties in cod yesterday and tonight also I believe this for us was a cod issue with the game.

23 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hopefully it was just a game issue then, do keep us updated!

Hi Fraser,

VPN problems seem resolved, I stayed connected yesterday the whole day and today with no internet disconnects.

Fortnite and The Finals all connected and ran fine.

MW3 wasn’t as bad as the other day, but still got about 3 ‘A required network service has failed’ in game, but when it connected it ran fine. I’ll keep an eye on this.

On 2/2/2024 at 1:14 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Great to hear that, thanks for the update so far, do keep us posted!

Hi Fraser,

Update: MW3 much better now, only got the in game network error 2 or 3 times one day. Yesterday had no problems. Now the OpenVPN problem is back, today I've been disconnected from the internet twice already with two different VPN configs. I ended up changing the WiFi to my mesh network that is connected to the R3 so I could work. Is there anything I can try? The R3 is basically a default setup, only added the PS5 to the Geo-Filter.

• Administrators
21 hours ago, ivanrei said:

Hi Fraser,

Update: MW3 much better now, only got the in game network error 2 or 3 times one day. Yesterday had no problems. Now the OpenVPN problem is back, today I've been disconnected from the internet twice already with two different VPN configs. I ended up changing the WiFi to my mesh network that is connected to the R3 so I could work. Is there anything I can try? The R3 is basically a default setup, only added the PS5 to the Geo-Filter.

Try disabling the protection options in Settings > Troubleshooting > Advanced. They can cause dropped packets so might be what is causing the VPN disconnects.