Geo-Filter Not Working for The Finals

Hello, the R3 has been working pretty good for me so far at blocking the servers for other games but The Finals doesn't show up in the filter, even though I have it set as one of the devices. I need steady ping on that game

• Administrators

Make your Geo-Filter settings, then restart game or wait 10 minutes (in the lobby in the game). If that doesn't work, reboot PC/Console and it should work then.

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Make your Geo-Filter settings, then restart game or wait 10 minutes (in the lobby in the game). If that doesn't work, reboot PC/Console and it should work then.

I tried all of that, still not showing up on the Geo-Filter

55 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What platform are you playing the Finals on? When playing does SmartBOOST show traffic?

I’m playing on Steam pc. Smartboost does show that I’m gaming because I have that set as a priority, I also have The Finals set as a priority,  it doesn’t show up

IMG_3472.png

IMG_3473.png

• Administrators
11 hours ago, DaBoy98 said:

Also, I just noticed that gaming for game boost priority only goes online once I’m already connected to a server, but not before

That's correct as you're not technically gaming until you're playing. As long as icons are showing on the map then it'll be working, it's just the reporting of the device being online so I'll pass that onto the team to resolve, thanks for the report.

• 5 weeks later...

Has this been fixed? I am seeing the same issues with The Finals. When I go into Geo-Filter and look at devices to monitor live ping it says "No game in progress" even when I'm actually in match. All other games I have tried ex COD work fine as far as monitoring ping is concerned.

• Administrators
56 minutes ago, Shadow said:

Has this been fixed? I am seeing the same issues with The Finals. When I go into Geo-Filter and look at devices to monitor live ping it says "No game in progress" even when I'm actually in match. All other games I have tried ex COD work fine as far as monitoring ping is concerned.

Some games don't respond to pings very well or have certain restrictions around them so it may not always be possible to ping but we will do what we can to make that possible

Sounds good just checking. Since ordering and using my R3, games overall feel MUCH better. I would even go as far to say it's a day and night difference. So again overall you guys are doing God's work over there and us gamers vastly appreciate you guys! Especially your tireless email and forum replies Fraser! Always a pleasure. Thank you.

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, Shadow said:

Sounds good just checking. Since ordering and using my R3, games overall feel MUCH better. I would even go as far to say it's a day and night difference. So again overall you guys are doing God's work over there and us gamers vastly appreciate you guys! Especially your tireless email and forum replies Fraser! Always a pleasure. Thank you.

That's really great to hear, thanks for the kind words!

I'm seeing The Finals traffic shows up as Hi-Rez games traffic... It appears to work in go-filter and smartboost when I add Hi-Rez games. No one in the house plays any Hi-Rez games and that specific traffic is only active when playing The Finals. 

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Miiiithraaks said:

I'm seeing The Finals traffic shows up as Hi-Rez games traffic... It appears to work in go-filter and smartboost when I add Hi-Rez games. No one in the house plays any Hi-Rez games and that specific traffic is only active when playing The Finals. 

Thanks for the report, I think we did do a DPI update so could you resync the cloud on SmartBOOST and see if that is still the case? If so then I'll pass it on to be corrected.

I succeeded, closed the game, choose your location and the server, then you must turn off the geo-latency in the geofilter options, then synchronize the cloud, then you launch your game. every time you want to change server, always closes the game (otherwise it keeps in memory the old location of the server) this is important because the game probes all the servers at the time of launch! I hope this helps you! good game!

• Administrators
14 hours ago, Miiiithraaks said:

Reporting back after testing. Looks like The Finals Traffic is still categorized as Hi-Rez Games. 

Okay thank you, I'll pass it on to Alex

On 2/8/2024 at 9:13 PM, Miiiithraaks said:

Reporting back after testing. Looks like The Finals Traffic is still categorized as Hi-Rez Games. 

Can confirm after testing it is consistently and exclusively showing up as "Hi-Rez Games". 

• Administrators
53 minutes ago, Shadow said:

Can confirm after testing it is consistently and exclusively showing up as "Hi-Rez Games". 

Thanks for confirming, Alex does know so will hopefully get a cloud update next week to correct