Just Stupid Question please answer

i Just wanna ask if its ok that i used the R1 as the router for other devices then use R2 that are solely on MY PS5 and my Phone while hiding the network name too for now as i have my R3 already but waiting for Greater UPDATE...

this is just to make sure that the R2 is only for gaming and R1 that i put both upload and download only 100 mbps each, while my main speed overall are both 600 UPS and DOWNS...

i did this just for experimentation where in busy network its really hard that i feel really LAG in playing when all are connected and and by BRO playing games on his PCn and it gets the Priority than my PS5...

Will this help?

It ups to you the R1 should be fine as you said with your setup. However it would be much better to have all your wired devices connected to your R2. Using the R1 and the R2 like two different units would work but not as good as having everything under one which would manage your network much better. 

3 hours ago, DOGGAVELI said:

It ups to you the R1 should be fine as you said with your setup. However it would be much better to have all your wired devices connected to your R2. Using the R1 and the R2 like two different units would work but not as good as having everything under one which would manage your network much better. 

Even i manage those setup still i feel slagish on game unless i turnoff network or everyone is sleeping already and thats the time i’m enjoying the game…

by the way its wired, i never connect my ps5 to wifi it always wired

2 hours ago, jorlanjorge said:

Even i manage those setup still i feel slagish on game unless i turnoff network or everyone is sleeping already and thats the time i’m enjoying the game…

by the way its wired, i never connect my ps5 to wifi it always wired

With this set up do you have the r2 and R1 setup as DMZ so all ports are opened on both devices?

14 minutes ago, DOGGAVELI said:

With this set up do you have the r2 and R1 setup as DMZ so all ports are opened on both devices?

Those are all setup, i’ll just try it later if this setup of 2 diff router will work

• Administrators

Don't forget after doing this to disable QoS as well on the router where not many devices are connected as you'd essentially be running QoS twice which could account for the instability.