300 mbps lower speed using R2 compare to direct connection.

Hi Happy new year

For some reason Im getting 300 mbps lower download speed when using R2 compare to connecting my PC directly to my ISP router (its one device mode and router). here are my speed test results. the test in the middle is dont by connecting my main router directly to PC. ( My internet is 1000 down and 160 up)

netdumaspeed.jpg.53eab7eca696b91a2ebff7c70aa164e6.jpg

these are done with QOS off in netduma, it doesnt matter if I put the main router in bridge mode or not, I still get lower download speeds. Im on firmware 3.3.280

The connection benchmark in DumaOS doesnt even work properly, it doesnt do speed test, only ping test and ping test (under load).

congestion control auto setup doesnt do anything either indumaspeedtest.thumb.jpg.f9a8c36a3928bdb808f7a7f6cc007309.jpgqos.thumb.jpg.78ac57c0dafb8ab03392b45aba76005c.jpg

should I downgrade to another firmware?

where do I find the older firmwares?

thank you

• Administrators

Use the DMZ on the modem/router instead of bridge mode, ensure all devices are connected to the R3.

Are you using PPPoE/VLAN/DHCP Identifiers?

Disable IPv6 in WAN/LAN and disable the protection options in WAN Settings, what do you get then?

19 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Use the DMZ on the modem/router instead of bridge mode, ensure all devices are connected to the R3.

Are you using PPPoE/VLAN/DHCP Identifiers?

Disable IPv6 in WAN/LAN and disable the protection options in WAN Settings, what do you get then?

R2 is in DMZ of the Modem/Router already ( tested with dmz enable and disabled and makes no difference)

sorry nott sure what these PPPoE/VLAN/DHCP Identifiers mean.

disabled IPv6 in WAN/LAN and disabled the protection options in WAN Settings and now Im getting around 750 mbps download. still lower than direct connection which I get around 920 mbps.

8 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Disable QoS fully from the Congestion Control :menu icon including DPI, what speeds do you get then?

disabled those, Im still getting around 750 download. it was all fine a couple of weeks ago, not sure how this even happened, I used to get around 860 or so using R2.

6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Did anything at all change with your physical setup/settings?

Everything is the same as before, noticed i wasnt hitting the usual high download speeds and did a speedtest and got those results. 

We had a 2 hour electricity outage the other day, could that have caused any issues?

9 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Potentially but I wouldn't have thought so. Could you disable the protection options in WAN Settings and then test again please

I have the 2 protection options off in WAN, they make no difference at all.

@Netduma Fraserok here is a weird update.

I mentioned that I was getting around 920 download using direct connection from main router to my pc but getting 200-300 lower speeds using netduma right?

I just updated my motherboard LAN driver and funnily enough the direct download stayed around 920 but now with netduma connected Im getting around 900 and issue is fixed.

so Im actually baffled by what actually was causing the issue, a driver update on motherboard solved the issue with netduma? lmao Im confused.

I appreciate your help though.