NETDUMA R3 for competitive call of duty

Leidsy

Hi there,

I've been looking at the Netuma R3, but as it's brand new I got some questions.

* I've seen that the hardware isn't like other top tier gaming routers. I don't care about wifi tho, just everything regarding the ethernet cable. As long as the wifi works fine for a regular user I'm happy. Will this be a major difference to the ASUS AX11000 PRO I got now?

* Also I'm a competitive cod player so I'm wondering if this router will bring that competitive advantage instead of just doing the casual job over other routers like the one I have now

* Will this router be better for my needs then any of the available XR series routers

These questions might have been asked before, but couldn't find anything about it. Any replies will be appreciated😁

• Administrators

Hello, welcome to the forum!

1. I'm not sure if it's worth making a comparison here, that router is double the price of the R3 and as such has hardware specs that match the price. We offer the best hardware we were able to do at the price point we chose but with the best software so it really depends which you value most. 
  2. Well it's made for gamers by gamers so it does have features that are all focused on getting the best connection possible, like the Geo-Filter, allowing you to force specific servers, no other router has that.
  3. Yes I would say you're better off with the R3 as the XR series won't get DumaOS 4.

I'd recommend having a look at the website as well as the YouTube playlist to get some more information.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCU0-ELvZkOqiQFGXII95B7063uASKQlO&si=3EmZ_ZX-Zl-4G9zQ

37 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hello, welcome to the forum!

1. I'm not sure if it's worth making a comparison here, that router is double the price of the R3 and as such has hardware specs that match the price. We offer the best hardware we were able to do at the price point we chose but with the best software so it really depends which you value most. 
  2. Well it's made for gamers by gamers so it does have features that are all focused on getting the best connection possible, like the Geo-Filter, allowing you to force specific servers, no other router has that.
  3. Yes I would say you're better off with the R3 as the XR series won't get DumaOS 4.

I'd recommend having a look at the website as well as the YouTube playlist to get some more information.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCU0-ELvZkOqiQFGXII95B7063uASKQlO&si=3EmZ_ZX-Zl-4G9zQ

Thanks for your quick reply @Netduma Fraser I've been around on the forum for quite some time, just never had to make an account to post something myself XD. Used to have an XR1000, but the software was buggy for me. But I'm looking to switch back as the community and help is just way better. I'm just wondering in what way hardware have an impact on performance? Like I said, if better ram and cpu speeds affect wifi mostly, I'm not too fussed about downgrading in hardware. Just care about the quickest ethernet speed with the least bufferbloat and most crisp bullet reg and gameplay. so, would you recommend me looking at hardware or software and in what way does hardware have impact on wifi and ethernet? Thanks anyways and keep up the good work!

• Administrators
58 minutes ago, Leidsy said:

Thanks for your quick reply @Netduma Fraser I've been around on the forum for quite some time, just never had to make an account to post something myself XD. Used to have an XR1000, but the software was buggy for me. But I'm looking to switch back as the community and help is just way better. I'm just wondering in what way hardware have an impact on performance? Like I said, if better ram and cpu speeds affect wifi mostly, I'm not too fussed about downgrading in hardware. Just care about the quickest ethernet speed with the least bufferbloat and most crisp bullet reg and gameplay. so, would you recommend me looking at hardware or software and in what way does hardware have impact on wifi and ethernet? Thanks anyways and keep up the good work!

Hardware is great and it does help of course don't get me wrong but imagine you've got the highest spec PC possible but it's running Windows 98 - it'll run it really well but at the end of the day it's still limited by the software. It's kind of like that, I feel that at a certain point there are diminishing returns. For example, some comments we've seen is why haven't we upgraded the Flash on the R3 compared to the R2 when other hardware specs have been improved and it's simply because it's not needed. We've optimized the software as much as possible so that it runs very efficiently on the hardware. As long as it has the capability to provide the necessary speeds, handle all the DPI, Geo-Filtering etc why charge more for unneeded specs. Anyways, bit of a ramble but in my opinion it's the software that matters, being able to push the hardware to its limit in an efficient way and that's what the R3 does.

26 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hardware is great and it does help of course don't get me wrong but imagine you've got the highest spec PC possible but it's running Windows 98 - it'll run it really well but at the end of the day it's still limited by the software. It's kind of like that, I feel that at a certain point there are diminishing returns. For example, some comments we've seen is why haven't we upgraded the Flash on the R3 compared to the R2 when other hardware specs have been improved and it's simply because it's not needed. We've optimized the software as much as possible so that it runs very efficiently on the hardware. As long as it has the capability to provide the necessary speeds, handle all the DPI, Geo-Filtering etc why charge more for unneeded specs. Anyways, bit of a ramble but in my opinion it's the software that matters, being able to push the hardware to its limit in an efficient way and that's what the R3 does.

Couldn't ask for a more clear answer. Thanks a lot and I think this will help me decide what to do! (going to order the R3 asap XD)