I feel like i'm 1s behind everybody

Ganerineur

Hi everybody,

Can someone tell me how to deal with "shoot first die first"  in MW3/Warzone ? I am an ex semi-pro player in COD, I feel like everyone is a second ahead of me, can't really win gunfights.

However, in all humility, they are not necessarily good players (Stats: Low precision, low K/D).

Thank you,

An XR1000 user.

• Administrators

Looks okay but you can reset Bandwidth Allocation, gaming barely uses any bandwidth. You're also not prioritizing the game at all, enable DumaOS Classified Games or add the the PC with the Games Console service. Is this all the devices in your home connected?

• Administrators

Are other devices connected to the ISP modem/router? How have you setup the modem to pass the internet directly through to the XR?

Delete the device from the Geo-Filter then go to the Device Manager and change the PS back to a PlayStation device type then re-add it again to the Geo-Filter with the manual option.

What ping are you seeing on the Geo-Filter and in game?

Hello @Netduma Fraser,

Are other devices connected to the ISP modem/router? How have you setup the modem to pass the internet directly through to the XR?

There is no other devices, only PS5, I disconected all other ones.

Delete the device from the Geo-Filter then go to the Device Manager and change the PS back to a PlayStation device type then re-add it again to the Geo-Filter with the manual option.

I did it, doesn't work.

What ping are you seeing on the Geo-Filter and in game?

Approximately, between 5ms and 30ms.

Thank you.

On 12/27/2023 at 10:44 AM, Ganerineur said:

Hi everybody,

Can someone tell me how to deal with "shoot first die first"  in MW3/Warzone ? I am an ex semi-pro player in COD, I feel like everyone is a second ahead of me, can't really win gunfights.

However, in all humility, they are not necessarily good players (Stats: Low precision, low K/D).

Thank you,

An XR1000 user.

are you running on a custom windows os ? 

• Administrators

How big is the difference between the Geo-Filter ping and the in game ping generally in a game? Also don't know if it's possible but try with Cross Play disabled

Hello @Netduma Fraser,

Under 30ms on Geo-filter ping, and under 30 ms in game (as said previously), there is approximately 1-2ms between both.

I tried to disable cross-play but it doesn't work.

Also, I sent you a message about the XR1000 beta firmware, is it possible to access it ?

Thank you

• Administrators

Some people throttle their Congestion Control to very low values and find it helps, try that and see if there is any difference.

There isn't a beta firmware at the moment for the 1000

I was finding exactly the same thing with my XR1000, COD felt behind despite all the settings being correct. Also, my wifi would occasionally disconnect for a second too (not that Im playing over wifi, but it was a general nuisance). 

In frustration, I did a full reset of the router a week ago and its been much better since. I made a point of doing a back up immediately after it was setup so I can repeat the process if necessary.

Don't get me wrong, COD can still be hit and miss due to the strange algorithm it uses for punishing and rewarding you, but I now feel like I have a fighting chance in 2 out of 3 games. 

Hello @craiga79,

At least you can enjoy 2 out of 3 games, I can send you clips that show the problem, I land the first bullet ( With the MCW in MW3, and with the Pulemyot/WSP Swarm in Warzone) against people who have the same weapons, and my accuracy remains absolutely constant, and the worst is that these opponents have totally low statistics, in all humility.

Unfortunately, did a full reset, doesn't work.

Thank you

• Administrators

Force some servers slightly further away, even if they have a higher ping as they may play better. Lag compensation could be working against so do doing this could have it working for you.