Double NAT with the R3

TheMW2Ghost

First off, Merry Christmas!

I've noticed on Xbox it's showing 'Moderate NAT and Double NAT - this was not the case with R2 - i had Open NAT the whole time. It is making connections a bit bad, and maybe could be leading to some of the issues i've had with the Geo-Filter playing up for me.

How can i fix this?

EDIT: Update -- disabled Unup and rebooted routers - removed the double NAT! Tho now i have moderate NAT - so trying to work out how to get bakc to open

EDIT 2: Portforwarfded the Xbox DMZ in R3 - NAT is opne now. 

Cheers!

Let me preface is I don't think UPNP is working correctly with multiple gaming devices. Who knows it may not be working with single devices that well either.  So I think your best best is going to either Port Forwarding or using the DMZ.  I would not use combinations of UPNP and Port Forwarding specifically. In my experience it can cause conflicts.

It's great that you were able to resolve the issue of double NAT by disabling UPnP and rebooting your routers. Now, let's work on getting back to an open NAT type on your Xbox. Here are some steps you can try:

Port Forwarding:

Access your router's settings.
Find the port forwarding section.
Forward the necessary ports for Xbox Live. Common ports include:
TCP/UDP 3074
UDP 88
TCP 80
UDP 500
UDP 3544
UDP 4500

DMZ (Demilitarized Zone):

This is another option the DMZ, which effectively opens all ports for that device.
Be cautious with this approach, as it can expose your Xbox to potential security risks.

Static IP Address:

Assign a static IP address to your Xbox.
This helps in ensuring that the port forwarding rules are consistently applied to the correct device.

Xbox Network Settings:

On your Xbox, go to the network settings.
Set the IP address to manual and input the static IP address you assigned.
Set the DNS settings to manual and use the DNS addresses provided by your ISP or Google's public DNS (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) this is optional. Use what you prefer.
Restart Your Router and Xbox:

After making changes, restart both your router and Xbox to apply the new settings.
Check for Firmware Updates:

Ensure that your router's firmware is up-to-date. Hope this makes sense and helps your situation. Game on.