WiFi client isolation issue?

Mordac

I am having all kinds of trouble reconfiguring WiFi connected devices that require setup through a cell phone.  I believe I have discovered the problem, which is that there seems to be client isolation set within the same frequency's network.  It's possible I'm blind, but I don't see a setting for this anywhere.  I have verified this by segregating the WiFi networks and pinging the devices in question from my phone (IPs pulled from Device Manager).  From 2.4 GHz to 2.4 GHz, no traffic is passed but when I connect the phone to 5 GHz it is suddenly able to ping and device setup completes.  I can't ping in the other direction, as these other devices are smart home devices and have no console.  I have further tested this by running a constant ping from my phone to a laptop and switching between the two networks.  As soon as the laptop connects to the other network, pings start coming back.  Networks in question are the secured networks, not the guest networks.  Where can this be turned off?

You need to separate the networks like a guest network that should isolate clients from all other clients.

so for example I have 4 networks and 2 isolated networks, one for guests on a voucher time setting and another for some equipment attached. It’s however not a Duma router.

if this feature is not available perhaps worth thinking of adding it as a feature at some point.

Hello Mordac, I am also a R3 user and I am experiencing a similar issue, already reported here https://forum.netduma.com/topic/52907-unable-to-connect-to-the-local-wi-fi-server/

I was browsing the forum to see if anyone has experienced the same bug and I saw your post. Please take a look, I think it’s the same problem.

In short, my Mac can’t see my iPad, they are both connected to Wi-Fi 5GHz, but it’s possible to see my NAS, which is hard wired to the router.

Netduma team, sorry to bother you before Christmas, but please help, it’s a serious issue.

Update: I tested with an old phone with only 2.4GHz Wi-Fi support. It worked, the phone can see my iPad on 5GHz band. I can confirm that my issue was also caused by this band isolation issue.

• Administrators
7 hours ago, Mordac said:

I installed 4.0.20, and this behavior still occurs (which I expected since it wasn't in the patch notes).  Just wanted to keep you updated.

Thanks! We've identified the issue so the team will get it resolved after the holiday break

• 4 months later...