Wifi vs Ethernet

Rozay

I genuinely have a question that I can't seem to figure out what it could possibly be. So I mainly play MW3 and warzone. I use a CAT8 cable directly hardwired to my Xbox series x. With that said. Gameplay ranging from ping to aim assist to hit registration to literally even the lobbies I'm getting feel significantly better on wifi...

I know it's sounds dumb but I'm genuinely confused. So I asked my buddy that works as a spectrum technician to come over tell me if it's a placebo effect and after about 6 hours we figured that it's not. I don't believe it's something specifically with the XR500 but the same thing happeslns with my linksys velop and Asus ROG strict routers as well. I even asked my brothers to tell me if they feel better gameplay wise on the 2.4ghz wifi and they agree it does vs Ethernet. 

Sorry if it's a weird question. Genuinely curious as to why. Thanks!

• Administrators

I would imagine it is to do with the inherent instability of WiFi compared to ethernet that is giving you some kind of lag compensation affect in the game as there is no reason why it would actually be improved other than that