XR1000 rapp issues

Hi all, about 2 months ago i purchased the xr1000 in hopes of a better gaming experience as i have ping issues due to many devices and streaming services running(family members) while attempting to game. I watched a youtube video for help setting up dumaos in a way that would benefit/prioritize my pc over the other devices. So far, the new router hasnt seem to have much of an impact compared the the previous one. 

The ping heatmap and geo filter rapps have not once loaded for me. The connection benchmark will run but not dispay any results whatsoever. So, the only features I've truly been able to mess with have been bandwidth allocations.

I've done some searching around but haven't found much as to why this is happening. Any help would be much appreciated.

@Bussiness GooseI would leave bandwidth allocation alone and use congestion control and set it to always on and do the following steps to reduce buffer bloat use a tool called ping plotter or you can do this using command prompts constantly pinging and test whether your ping spikes by downloading or watching a 4k video though it a lot easier just to do a speed test while monitoring it as it floods the network and if you see it spike keep reducing the congestion control till you find the the ideal spot were there no large ping spikes.

I would also do a hard reset as it seems like the Ping Heatmap + Connection benchmark bugged out in your case you can also just do a reboot and see if that solves it to add I would prioritize the device your categorizing it as game console if your on PC soon there should be a DPI update which will detect prioritization a lot more efficiently however it still hasn't been pushed hopefully next week as the XR1000 DPI has been outdated for a while and I have tested all the DPI on the R2 and there definitely way more accurate do to my testing and others.

• Administrators

Make sure you're not accessing using HTTPS or that the browser isn't forcing HTTPS, if you're using Armor I would suggest disabling that also. Go to the System Information page and then in the Rapp panel menu ≡ change the retries to 5, reboot from the interface, close the interface tab, wait 4 minutes before accessing and see the pages load.

Could you provide a screenshot of your QoS page please?

On 12/3/2023 at 11:11 AM, DARKNESS said:

@Bussiness GooseI would leave bandwidth allocation alone and use congestion control and set it to always on and do the following steps to reduce buffer bloat use a tool called ping plotter or you can do this using command prompts constantly pinging and test whether your ping spikes by downloading or watching a 4k video though it a lot easier just to do a speed test while monitoring it as it floods the network and if you see it spike keep reducing the congestion control till you find the the ideal spot were there no large ping spikes.

I would also do a hard reset as it seems like the Ping Heatmap + Connection benchmark bugged out in your case you can also just do a reboot and see if that solves it to add I would prioritize the device your categorizing it as game console if your on PC soon there should be a DPI update which will detect prioritization a lot more efficiently however it still hasn't been pushed hopefully next week as the XR1000 DPI has been outdated for a while and I have tested all the DPI on the R2 and there definitely way more accurate do to my testing and others.

@DARKNESSok. I'll try reseting the bandwidth allocation and tuning down congestion control more. As well as a hard reset

On 12/3/2023 at 1:01 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Make sure you're not accessing using HTTPS or that the browser isn't forcing HTTPS, if you're using Armor I would suggest disabling that also. Go to the System Information page and then in the Rapp panel menu ≡ change the retries to 5, reboot from the interface, close the interface tab, wait 4 minutes before accessing and see the pages load.

Could you provide a screenshot of your QoS page please?

@Netduma Frasera factory reset seems to have fixed the rapps not loading. After doing the connection benchmark i updated the qos to the attached photo. Any other advice or tips would be much appreciated.

Screenshot 2023-12-08 105513.png