R2 & XR1000 not working with Ark Survival Ascended Xbox Servers..

I own 3 routers.. XR1000, Netduma R2 & Asus RT-AC86U... When I load up my Xbox onto Ark Survival Ascended on the XR1000 or R2 I get "Joining Failed Lost/timedout connection to host".. but when I plug in the Asus RT-AC86U it works fine.. considering the amount I spent on the XR1000 I'd like to use it..

received_917335673297087.jpeg

I am currently having the exact same issue.  Took my Xbox next door to a neighbors house he has same modem and ISP as me but has an ASUS router.  It works on his network.   I’m at my wits end.  I’ve tried changing NAT filtering in WAN setup to open, I’ve disabled port scan and DoS protection,  No Geo Filters setup.  QOS set prioritize gaming.  Net Armor not currently enabled.  Nat type tests open on Xbox series x tests.   I can’t find anything else that should be causing it not to work.  I’ve got this thing as open as possible without just putting it in pass through mode.  If I’m going to do that I might as well go buy a different router.  I’ve owned many routers in my life never had more issues with gaming, NAT, or just dropping smart switches and plugs off my network.  I have to fiddle with this router on a weekly basis.  My Asus worked Rock solid no issues for ten years only needing a reboot about once every 6-9 months.  For the price of this gaming Netgear I would expect many less problems.  I use other Netgear products professionally as I work in IT.  Never had these kind of issues.  So I’m convinced it’s this Dumas software / firmware that is the issue.

@RickiRolled It is not the router, it's just bad lines of code from the devs at Epic and not patched correctly from Wildcard. There is an issue with the EOS Subsystem in Unreal Engine 5.2 and the game is built on that particular version. The EOSNetDriverBase in the SocketSubsystemEOS plugin is not reading the value of bIsUsingP2PSockets and therefore falling back to the default socket subsystem which cannot resolve the host address. This issue is more prevalent with some ISPs over others for a number of reasons. It has been well documented and isn't slated to be fixed until UE5.4, which wildcard is far from updating the game to. In the meantime  if you open the games command console and type open IPaddress:PortNumber i.e "open 5.52.116.4:7881" you can manually attempt to join server. Since your on Xbox you have to enable command acess in the menu and join singleplayer to use the command console. Type in the command and it will attempt to switch from singleplayer to official. Use https://www.battlemetrics.com/servers/arksa to look your servers IP.

I’m not saying that you’re wrong AZX.  But why is it then that it works on every other router that isn’t running a DumaOS firmware.  I’ve now confirmed in my own neighborhood that no one else is having this issue.  Swapping my own router for a different one also solves the connection issues.  Tried an old linksys, works.  Tried my neighbors Asus, works.  Tried an even older linksys running old ddwrt firmware. Also works.   So are you telling me this EOS issue only affects DumaOS equipped routers?

It's how the game is handling your network traffic and it does not affect everyone equally. I can assure you it's not specific to this router even though it does have its fair share of issues. You can go look at the Epic Dev forums. I and many others have been posting about it for the last year. Lots of ways to fix the issue but all are host/server side unless you're the one hosting the session. In that case you can edit the games DefaultEngine.ini

@RickiRolled update….  I went and picked up a new tp link axe5400.  Set everything on it up in less than 10 minutes.  My smart switches are more responsive, my Xbox is getting faster through put, Ark ascended is now working and connecting properly.   My verdict after having the XR1000 for about 9 months.  Trying every firmware update, setting tween etc.  I’m over it.  300 dollar paperweight now.   After running multiple ping tests , throttling tests, etc..  for the past hour this tp link is performing better in every way.  Less latency, no pkt loss. Etc..  I have no issues with Netgears other commercial grade equipment but I’m never touching that nighthawk or any Netgear gaming router again.

Also.  This is not anything bad about the DumaOS folks.  I liked the interface and features in your software.  I hope your other routers that use your firmware are much less problematic than my XR1000 has been.  I’m a bit salty after months of dealing with issues only to be told by Netgear the next “patch” will fix everything.  I’ve worked with computers, networking equipment, and gaming systems for almost 30 years as a hobbyist and as a professional.  I’ve never had a piece of networking hardware cost me more of my time, headaches, and problems.