COD MWIII GeoFILTER NOT FUNCTIONING ON XR1000v2

hammonje

Cannot get GEOFILTER to function for COD MWIII. Works fine for MWII. Pings the servers in ping heatmap for COD MWIII just fine. When switched to GEOFILTER no servers or players show up on map. Followed instructions below for user with similar issues, changing PC to Playstation and assigning to Gaming console. No luck. Please help. GEOFILTER map is blank. Playing via Steam on PC.

DUMAOS_X1000v2.jpg

• Administrators

Try this:

1. Quit the application/game/client completely (including Battle.net from the System Tray)
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Give PC PlayStation Device Type in the Device Manager (if on PC)
  4. Resync from the Geo-Filter Map menu
  5. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter with the manual option
  6. Set up the Geo-Filter how you like
  7. Wait 2 minutes
  8. Boot up application/game/client

Then see if it works.

• hammonje changed the title to COD MWIII GeoFILTER NOT FUNCTIONING ON XR1000v2
2 hours ago, hammonje said:

Cannot get GEOFILTER to function for COD MWIII. Works fine for MWII. Pings the servers in ping heatmap for COD MWIII just fine. When switched to GEOFILTER no servers or players show up on map. Followed instructions below for user with similar issues, changing PC to Playstation and assigning to Gaming console. No luck. Please help. GEOFILTER map is blank. Playing via Steam on PC.

DUMAOS_X1000v2.jpg

I just noticed the same thing on my XR1000Ā 

17005319947339202431241450060625.jpg

• Administrators
On 11/22/2023 at 1:45 AM, Reykc9510 said:

I think it's off by .1

The bottom is the IP of the PC, not the console, you need to look on the console itself.

On 11/22/2023 at 3:09 AM, hammonje said:

Yes, my IP addresses match. Again, it pings the servers using the Ping Heatmap.

Ping Heatmap will work regardless of the device, it pings from the router. When gaming do you see any traffic for the console on the Network Monitor?

• Administrators
35 minutes ago, faulko said:

Mine stopped working randomly as well.

Was working fine in the morning, went to shops for couple hours come home and its not working now.

Try the below please and see if that gets it working

On 11/21/2023 at 12:03 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Try this:

1. Quit the application/game/client completely (including Battle.net from the System Tray)
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Give PC PlayStation Device Type in the Device Manager (if on PC)
  4. Resync from the Geo-Filter Map menu
  5. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter with the manual option
  6. Set up the Geo-Filter how you like
  7. Wait 2 minutes
  8. Boot up application/game/client

Then see if it works.

Issue was solved using protocol suggested above byĀ Netduma Fraser. Key to success was waiting 5 mins after setting up Geo Filter, instead of 2 minutes. Not sure exactly how much longer than 2 minutes was required, but 2 minutes was insufficient so I repeated process and waited 5 mins. It worked. Thank you Netduma Fraser for the assistance.Ā 

• Administrators
7 hours ago, hammonje said:

Issue was solved using protocol suggested above byĀ Netduma Fraser. Key to success was waiting 5 mins after setting up Geo Filter, instead of 2 minutes. Not sure exactly how much longer than 2 minutes was required, but 2 minutes was insufficient so I repeated process and waited 5 mins. It worked. Thank you Netduma Fraser for the assistance.Ā 

Great to hear that, thank you for the update!

Hey, I've been having a similar issue for the last few hours. CoD MW3 just started connecting to whichever servers it wants regardless of the geofilter.

I have not changed anything! Used to connect only to a single location with a ping of about 50-54, now I get anywhere from 69 to 114 ping.

I have tried the above to reset the geofilter, removing the filter, adding it again and then waiting more than an hours before logging back on.

Any idea what's going on?

Thanks!

EDIT - Forgot to add that it ALWAYS started searching for servers <58ms ping, and ever since this started happening it starts the search at <72ms ping.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, honeynet1 said:

Hey, I've been having a similar issue for the last few hours. CoD MW3 just started connecting to whichever servers it wants regardless of the geofilter.

I have not changed anything! Used to connect only to a single location with a ping of about 50-54, now I get anywhere from 69 to 114 ping.

I have tried the above to reset the geofilter, removing the filter, adding it again and then waiting more than an hours before logging back on.

Any idea what's going on?

Thanks!

EDIT - Forgot to add that it ALWAYS started searching for servers <58ms ping, and ever since this started happening it starts the search at <72ms ping.

I would suggest connecting direct to your modem to see if the search is starting at that as well. However, if the Geo is setup correctly it wouldn't allow anything outside your radius, could you provide a screenshot of the page please?

18 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I would suggest connecting direct to your modem to see if the search is starting at that as well. However, if the Geo is setup correctly it wouldn't allow anything outside your radius, could you provide a screenshot of the page please?

I think it might have been an issue with the specific COD server I geofilter or my ISP's routing to the server.

I would ping anywhere from 60-150 while the geofilter was on and all settings remained untouched. I noticed that I would get a lobby that's 70 ping and midgame it would jump to 120 and back down to 60 and then to 145, etc. I guess it just looked as though I was getting random servers because of the wild deviation in latency, but that seems to have just been optics (hopefully).

Today it seems to be working as usual so far.

Thanks for the reply!

• Administrators
2 hours ago, honeynet1 said:

I think it might have been an issue with the specific COD server I geofilter or my ISP's routing to the server.

I would ping anywhere from 60-150 while the geofilter was on and all settings remained untouched. I noticed that I would get a lobby that's 70 ping and midgame it would jump to 120 and back down to 60 and then to 145, etc. I guess it just looked as though I was getting random servers because of the wild deviation in latency, but that seems to have just been optics (hopefully).

Today it seems to be working as usual so far.

Thanks for the reply!

Great to hear that, thanks for the update!

On 11/23/2023 at 12:19 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

The bottom is the IP of the PC, not the console, you need to look on the console itself.

Ping Heatmap will work regardless of the device, it pings from the router. When gaming do you see any traffic for the console on the Network Monitor?

My bad I was on vacation for a lil while. An yes it matches still can't find mw3 on geo server took pics of ping heat map locations for mw2 mw3 they were exact same. Here's my playstation ip

20231207_083243.jpg

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Reykc9510 said:

My bad I was on vacation for a lil while. An yes it matches still can't find mw3 on geo server took pics of ping heat map locations for mw2 mw3 they were exact same. Here's my playstation ip

What is the actual IP address of the console, not seeing it on that screenshot.Ā 

• Administrators
53 minutes ago, Jeanclaudedus76 said:

Je confirme, le gĆ©ofiltre ne veut plus fonctionner sur mon xr1000 depuis 2 jours...Ā 

Il nā€™y a rien de spĆ©cifique qui aurait empĆŖchĆ© le Geo-Filter de fonctionner, suivez les Ć©tapes ci-dessus, est-ce que cela fonctionne ?