GeoFilter is useless on Warzone SBMM

warriorj

I know GeoFilter does what it's suppose to but the reality is, it is useless in Warzone Call of Duty now that they manipulate who gets in what lobby with their SBMM garbage.

I'm not blaming NetDuma but it needs to be said so we can work towards other solutions to enter lobbies in our location, if at the very least, start a petition, form a gamers union, something.

We need people with some pull to speak on our behalf and make them listen. They're basically taking our money with broken promises & bogus "SBMM." 

It can never be legitimate "Skill based match making," unless everyone's ping is equal, PERIOD! And even then, their patents need to be put under serious criticism until it's open source to see that they aren't truly manipulating our accounts which I'm convinced they are with so many people showing evidence.

And maybe their lack of allowing ping equal lobbies is one of their ways of hiding their account manipulation. That I can't prove. but the fact remains SBMM prevents us from pin pointing the entire problem at hand. Plenty of good gamers on youtube now exposing this corrupt company and it's just sad there really isn't a better game for FPS at the moment IMO. (Waiting patiently)

I live in Washington State and I can't even remember the last time I got a lobby in my State let alone West coast. The Ping map even shows how disrespectful this corrupt COD company is towards everyone on the West side. 

Multiplayer no problem but Warzone ranked, never, which is all I want to play.

"Playing for fun" without rank is absolutely meaningless to me. I only play ranked or regular warzone so I have to allow geo filter to accept 55--60 ping and only because I finally got Fiber to house internet, am I able to get a 47ms ping room that's located in Midwest to East coast. So 47ms may seem decent for most but they fail to remember that 47ms for me is still 5-20ms for everyone connected nearby. Clearly their SBMM is dictating & blacklisting many of us who aren't their poster children on live streams.

I been with you guys since day 1, purchased the R1 when it was still in Beta, and I appreciate all that you guys have done for the gaming community, so I say this in love...we need better solutions to counter this corrupt company and any other company that pulls this SBMM BS, not to mention their patents that should be criminally charged IMO!

That's my rant. Take care ya'll

Screenshot (9).png

• Administrators

SBMM isn't something we support getting around so we wouldn't make any features specifically for that purpose. For forcing servers better see if this works:

1. Quit the application/game/client completely
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Give PC PlayStation Device Type in the Device Manager (if on PC)
  4. Resync from the Geo-Filter Map menu
  5. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter with the manual option
  6. Set up the Geo-Filter how you like
  7. Wait 2 minutes
  8. Boot up application/game/client

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2023 at 7:31 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

SBMM isn't something we support getting around so we wouldn't make any features specifically for that purpose. For forcing servers better see if this works:

7. Wait 2 minutes

Yeah, none of that works because the only way to find a ranked game is to expand Geo-filter to the MidWest to East Coast and let them decide what room their patents want to put me in because I never bought their pay to win bundles. 

There are no West coast servers for ranked. No for me there isn't.

If there is/was, I wouldn't be here venting and I've dealt with this crap for many years now.

Nothing new and not surprised.

• Administrators

If there aren't any servers there then yeah not much that can be done, you should be able to force central servers but playing ranked the search is already restricted by the rank so it will take longer to find games. Less people available the longer it'll take unfortunately.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2023 at 3:31 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

7. Wait 2 minutes

can i ask why = PlayStation (if on PC)