Disabling QOS doesnt disable AdBlocker

When i have to disable QOS, due to sites not loading, I have spotted that, even though the message warns the AdBlocker will be disabled, it doesn't actually disable it. Is this a typo? I tested it whilst having QOS disabled and i can still disable/Enable AdBlocker. I have also tested to check if AdBlocker was actually disabled (but was reporting wrong on the button), by going to https://www.awin1.com/awclick.php?mid=2041&id=73243 and it was blocked even though QOS was disabled and AdBlocker is enabled. 

image.png.ef65f5407ab443207a1b82bd7d8e4be3.png

24 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

No it's not a typo, it doesn't work without QoS enabled, it may be that now there is the separate option to disable DPI that it doesn't work when that is disabled also

What is happening here? As you can see QOS is disabled and AdBlocker is enabled and i have nothing in my whitelists. 

I cant load https://www.awin1.com/awclick.php?mid=2041&id=73243

I then disable AdBlocker, click the link again and it loads but yet QOS is still disabled?!

Edited by DanologyUK
Re-recorded it in Private Mode incase there was any question about extensions being used.

3 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yeah so disable DPI, does it stop working then?

Just checked with DPI off as well as QOS and even though the AdBlocker button is able to be toggled, it does actually seem the AdBlocker is disabled regardless of if it says Enabled or Disabled. 

• Administrators

Okay that makes sense, DPI is what Adblocker relies on to inspect packets and see whether it needs to be blocked or not. The description is outdated as it was written when there was only the disable QoS option which also disabled DPI. I'll pass it on to the team to get that description updated.