XR1000 PS5 OVER WIFI/DHCP ISSUES NO CONNECTION

@Netduma FraserSo I got geofilter to work on the XR1000 doing a reset though after some testing though now I can't get my consoles connected to the wifi they connect however they lose internet access. I tried reserving the IP and that didn't work either and I tried deleting the reservation and that doesn't work clearly as shown on the footage.

• DARKNESS changed the title to XR1000 PS5 OVER WIFI/DHCP ISSUES NO CONNECTION
  • Administrators
25 minutes ago, DARKNESS said:

@Netduma FraserThis is the log for the footage I sent you on the other forums of the geo not working looking at the logs there are errors of remote procedures and retries and that without even adding a device to it

XR1000 ERROR.txt 85.1 kB · 0 downloads

Screen Recording 2023-11-11 at 6.59.00 PM.mov

That's most likely the Adblocker you have running on the web browser - you can see it has a 1 on it indicating it is blocking something on the page, disable that, refresh the page and it should work

@Netduma Fraser

• Rebooting the router fixes the geofilter however as for the reservation it still failed to be deleted/edited 
  • One thing I find strange is that testing the connection speed reconnects the ps5 to the network however if you were to connect for the first time wait a few seconds it won't connect to the network most of the time. Though something clearly happening were it causing that issue and I have 2 different consoles I've tested it upon all the same units same issue occurs.
  • Wired connections work fine without issue however I am testing wireless for obvious reasons and it should function normally
  • To add regular devices like phones and tablets don't seem to be affected so it must be something that causing the connection issue for the consoles

@Netduma Fraser

• Yes it seems to affect certain devices having a dot/period the same way I originally showed of the bug being on the R2 on the device manager this maybe an issue on both OS
  • This is something that may need to be looked upon further since having a dot shouldn't affect a network in anyway
  • I did try replicating it with other letters and symbols and so forth and it doesn't seem to reoccur which is strange since using L 2.0 works but if use M 2.0 it has those issues strangely enough
  • I am starting to think this maybe related to a software bug on the consoles were they have issues obtaining certain info based on the name of the SSID

I'll check some time later in my other TP link router that on closet left to rot and see if it something actually related to the netduma OS

• 3 months later...

@Netduma FraserJust an update on old topic so I found the issue and it is the wifi chip on the PS5 that is just not capable of running 5Ghz consistently so I recommend changing it to 2.4Ghz and changing the mtu to 1472.

Note newer versions have improved upon the chipset though couldn't say for certain if it any better you can check out other forums and they have found this to be the case if you own the first gen models.

What's really Ironic is that i didn't expect that to be an issue as my console is literally next to the router so I never expected that to be the cause etc...