Have I got the R2 hardware routed/plugged properly?

TheMW2Ghost

• Administrators

That is very strange, not sure what the game is doing there, could you and your friend load up CoD for example, and add them that way then move back over to BF and see if you can connect with them without adding anything else to the allow list?

We just tried this, loaded up CoD, and each time he joined my game lobby, nothing popped up at all, however, all of these icons popped up again when i joined his Xbox Party. So when we join eachothers game lobby, there's nothing, but only when we join a party on xbox or a discord server. And still, there is no player icon showing in his state, only blocked players around USA.

Also can you see the overlapping icons again in my radius, no matter how far i zoom in, im only able to click on one of them (not sure if this maters or not) -- and the icon where my beam is coming out from, i have not seen that before, is it normal?

image.thumb.png.a14d723ea1960170ec6b7f049bf4cc41.png

No we are already in an Xbox party, we stay in it always unless im backing out to do the test: In party > load game > invite mate to lobby.

For some reason, people joining my game lobby doesnt seem to be pinging anything.. I'm playing Warzone with 1 person from USA, 1 London, and one Sctoland - (on pc, playstation, and xbox) so using game chat. No icons have popped for them at all

image.thumb.png.ec7eb2c17350610816d4dad693511460.png

Ok - one of our friends dropped out - and weve got a random 4th on our team -  and this icon poped up - not sure how to tell if its the guy on our team or not, but at least one icon has shown.

EDIT: our teammate is in England, so its weird how he is not appearing but someone in seemingly France is..  Is all of this normal or is something not right happening in my Geo Filter

image.thumb.png.8efdcef5d34cc78d0276d724b4377032.png

• Administrators

Ahhh, I see what is happening now, as you're playing cross platform you won't be able to see your friends as individuals on the map, they will almost certainly be connecting through a server. However, if you can't determine the server, disable the filter, invite them in, re-enable the filter, wait 2 minutes then search for a game and you should be good to go.

My USA friend is the host of our lobby, so we can play some Warzone in NA, but we have been unable to find a match, it just constantly searching for a match and taking a very long time - it started 'Looking for match" at "20ms ping" - so im assuming even with him hosting, its somehow not allowing me to go to NA?

I drew Polygon around UK and some of EU and then over his state which actually has a server - is this correct? Ive kept ping assist on 0. Trying to find out why when He hosts, it still puts us  in my zone sometimes, and vice versa. 

image.thumb.png.2fddfb8c8de4bdcda954996320405f3e.png

• Administrators
15 hours ago, TheMW2Ghost said:

My USA friend is the host of our lobby, so we can play some Warzone in NA, but we have been unable to find a match, it just constantly searching for a match and taking a very long time - it started 'Looking for match" at "20ms ping" - so im assuming even with him hosting, its somehow not allowing me to go to NA?

I drew Polygon around UK and some of EU and then over his state which actually has a server - is this correct? Ive kept ping assist on 0. Trying to find out why when He hosts, it still puts us  in my zone sometimes, and vice versa. 

If they are hosting the game you shouldn't have the filter enabled as you'll either get the split party or matchmaking will get very confused and not find a match at all.

Ah, right, Thank for that. I was going to do a post actually about this. 

If i want my friend in whatever country to host the game - do i simply just turn Filtering Mode off while we're in the lobby, or back out first and unfilter, then join? - even with my radius and that set?

Or do i need to polygon around only their location? This is what i was trying to figure out. We'll be going backwrds and fourth between EU and NA when the next CoD comes out, so would like to know the right way to be able to do this.

Leave everything as is, but just turn Filtering off?

• Administrators

You can just switch Filtering Mode off and leave your settings as they are, you'll still see servers, it just won't be doing any filtering - you can still ping. 

If you have trouble after switching filtering mode off restart the game, the game may be 'stuck' thinking you're only able to connect to those within your radius when it was enabled.

• Administrators
51 minutes ago, TheMW2Ghost said:

Okay great. Will do this then. Thanks for all the help mate. Hopefully I will not have to pick your brain for a while haha!

Cheers

Let us know how you get on, otherwise have a great weekend of gaming!