Geofencing Issues with Rainbow Six: Siege

CrashGames

Hello, 

I am having issues using geofencing for rainbow six. I think the ping heatmap could use and update, even after resyncing cloud, I don't see the central and west US servers. I do when I launch the game. I draw the polygona round the nearest server to me, and when matchmaking, the game attempts to connect to a server outside of my region and kicks every back to the main screen and said an error occurred during matchmaking. 

Is anyone successfully using geofencing with Rainbow Six? 

Thanks, for any assistance!

I mean that literally how it works bud if it connecting you to an outside server and it kicking you it working the way it should since it outside your radius it does the same thing in different games you just have to figure out whether your able to find low ping servers trying several times or increase your radius based on the fact the games forcing you to play on higher ping do to sbmm and the only thing you can do is try to mitigate the higher ping servers by figuring out the servers that your able to connect and have low ping. An example is APEX LEGENDS once you get to diamond and above your either forced to play on EU or NA WEST/CENTRAL so that means anyone on the east get screwed over....

5 minutes ago, DARKNESS said:

I mean that literally how it works bud if it connecting you to an outside server and it kicking you it working the way it should since it outside your radius it does the same thing in different games you just have to figure out whether your able to find low ping servers trying several times or increase your radius based on the fact the games forcing you to play on higher ping do to sbmm and the only thing you can do is try to mitigate the higher ping servers by figuring out the servers that your able to connect and have low ping. An example is APEX LEGENDS once you get to diamond and above your either forced to play on EU or NA WEST/CENTRAL so that means anyone on the east get screwed over....

Yea, for sure, the router is working properly. I didn't know if anyone had experience with it in rainbow six in particular. When I play MWII the game tries to connect outside the geofence to high ping servers, it fails, then retries until I get the proper server. In siege, when it tries to connect to a higher ping servers it gives an error, and disbands the party and matchmaking. I have to reform the party and retry matchmaking, with no success to get it to connect to the closer servers. I wondered if there was a trick for this game to get the lowest ping servers. 

There really isn't you either play without it or get disconnected till you find a match or increase your radius as i said before...cod is different as the servers allow to be denied before your put into a match so it keeps queque till it finds a reasonable ping though this only works in certain games

• Administrators

Some games do unfortunately handle matchmaking like that, I haven't played Siege for awhile so I don't recall if that is what it was like before. Just in case:

1. Quit the application/game/client completely
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Give PC PlayStation Device Type in the Device Manager (if on PC)
  4. Resync from the Geo-Filter Map menu
  5. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter with the manual option
  6. Set up the Geo-Filter how you like
  7. Wait 2 minutes
  8. Boot up application/game/client

Then see if it works better.

8 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Some games do unfortunately handle matchmaking like that, I haven't played Siege for awhile so I don't recall if that is what it was like before. Just in case:

1. Quit the application/game/client completely
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Give PC PlayStation Device Type in the Device Manager (if on PC)
  4. Resync from the Geo-Filter Map menu
  5. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter with the manual option
  6. Set up the Geo-Filter how you like
  7. Wait 2 minutes
  8. Boot up application/game/client

Then see if it works better.

Thank you for the advice! I took the steps and it does appear the game handles matchmaking in that way where it disbands the party if a server is rejected. 

• Administrators

Ah that's annoying, Fortnite does the same, I'm not sure if it will apply here but this is what we suggest in that case, disable filtering mode but still use it to find out what server you're on, if it's too far away then you could quit and re-search until you find the server you want. This could be quicker than letting the game kick you.