Fornite geo filter help...

ggzkris

Hi apologies if posted in wrong part of site, I'm new to using the router after only having it week only game I've had issue with is fornite on playstation 5, played mw2 & warzone happily with geo filter set up & worked fine..

I'm having issues with fornite on playstation 5 where it's struggling to find game in most radius with geo filter on in Europe & I've tired most parts from the ping heat map areas & when try to load into game it struggles to find game in the area I've selected & if any friend is with me in lobbie it mostly boots them into game & I'm still in lobbie, I've tried also changing matchmaking on the game but I guess that would change the lobbies anyway?

I've allowed my friend from his location & followed the steps from the website about alloy friends & players & he shows correctly

I've seen bits & bobs about fornite having issues with geo filter turned off, just wanted to know isit one of those things I'm always going to have issues with it turned on or is there Any advice anyone can recommend to help find other lobbies other then the maniz lobbies seam to get thrown into most games..

Any advice be appreciated guys, thanks for your time

• Administrators

The way Fortnite works is that it only tries to connect to a server when you're actually loading into the game and so that is the only time it can be blocked so you are kicked back to the lobby. For Fortnite it's best to disable filtering mode but still use it to find out what server you're on, if it's too far away then you could quit and re-search until you find the server you want. This would actually be quicker than letting the Geo-Filter kick you.

Yeah this is more or less what I've tried tonight in the end by taking off the geo filter & then leaving the host ping option on as well to see where it was trying send me, with my friend being sent into game without me is that right also? I've allowed him onto the geo filter & his location is correct so definitely him I've allowed but thought it might of denied him too with him being allowed into my geo filter or does fornite work different to likes of cod etc & wz where you go where the host goes? 

It's crazy because I've played on fornite with American friends & had no issues getting into games before got a netduma, if I changed the matchmaking part on menu then geo filter to the area where the matchmaking moved too would that help? Or would it move lobbies anyway that way? I'm yet to try it on other then wz & fornite so not sure if any other games I'm going to come up with same issues again

• 2 months later...
On 10/27/2023 at 11:18 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

The way Fortnite works is that it only tries to connect to a server when you're actually loading into the game and so that is the only time it can be blocked so you are kicked back to the lobby. For Fortnite it's best to disable filtering mode but still use it to find out what server you're on, if it's too far away then you could quit and re-search until you find the server you want. This would actually be quicker than letting the Geo-Filter kick you.

For any other Fortnite R2 Gamers

The best way (IMHO) to use the Geo-Filter for Fortnite is to

1. Set your required GF radius (Be realistic anything under 50ms is perfectly fine)

2. Have DumaOS open on a device next to you as you search for a game in Fortnite.

3. When Fortnite says its preparing to move to Server / Lobby, look at the DumaOS it will now show you (white icon) what server your going to 

4. You then have a about 3-7 seconds to cancel the search before Fortnite moves you to that lobby

5. Restart search (Xbox Press B then Y), it's not ideal but it's so much smoother than the DING Beacon service error, DING Beason Service error loop