CS2

hi everyone

new member here, and also i dont have a duma router yet.

I have searched the forum and cant find any mention of either CSGo or CS2, which tbh im amazed about.

Could the geo filter work for CS2? and if so, does it need anything specific, do we have to wait for it to be added?

sorry im completely unaware of how this works and why we can request games in this section to be added.

The reason i would like some sort of geofiltering is that CS going back many years has a known "issue" with toxic players from a certain country (i wont go into the specifics but most people who play the game know what i mean :) ), so somehow being able to "choose" servers away from this region to lower the chances of being queued with them would be amazing.

thanks for any info!

Ted

• 4 months later...
On 10/23/2023 at 6:08 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes it should work for CS2 as far as I am aware!

Well actually it should not work.

CS2 use SDR (Steam Datagram Relay) for official game servers.
This mean you never connect to the server directly (even tho you can still connect to a relay in the same physical location).

This mean that you cannot "block" the ip for game server anymore, you can only block connection to SDR.

This make your Geo-Filter feature ONLY usefull to connect on server FAR away by only allowing connection to FAR away SDR.
If you try to block server near you it won't change anything since steam will just route you trough there relay.

If you want a test to see if any of this is true, just ask one of your french custumer to block everything except the SDR in France.
since there is no gameserver in france (only a SDR) he will still be able to play like normal by connecting to the relay in france and then the relay will route all trafic to the actual gameserver that is not in france and therefore completely ignore your geo-filter rules.

(you can check the server you are on by opening the steam overlay once connected to the gameserver)
image.png.6b8eca628fe63287541c2d903528ee29.png