My ISP does not have a modem (NEED HELP!!)

itz_KonfliK

My ISP is Unity, they do not have a modem the internet is built into the building walls so my system just plugs straight into the wall using a cat 5 cable. I bought the R2 but when i plug the R2 into the wall I'm getting no internet. 

Do i absolutely need a modem for the R2 to work? because my ISP does not have one at all nor can they provide one as their service does not work like that. 

First thing you wanna do is upgrade the cable to a CAT 6 to utilize faster speeds. Second thing you can do is, have you tried plugging in the cable to the WAN port on the R2? Does it redirect to the router login page and generates an IP address? 

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue, how were you previously getting internet to all your devices, just using another router? Do you know if you require PPPoE, VLAN or DHCP identifiers to get a connection at all?

no, my building uses unity as their isp, with them i get wifi for the apartment which is completely separate from my direct connection so technically i have 2 different internets, I dont need nor have any routers, modems or anything like that to run the internet. My direct connection that i use for my ps5 (the one i plugged the r2 in with) is a cat 5 outlet in my wall so i plug from there directly into the ps5. 

• Administrators

Ahh I see, interesting, plug the R2 into the wall then reboot the R2 from the interface, wait 4 minutes then access. This is assuming you've already accessed the R2 and gone through the Setup Wizard which is required to be completed before you can get internet.

No I haven’t even accessed it yet. I tried to connect to it from my computer which i did find the r2s wifi signal from my computer but when I connected to it it said no internet. So from what im understanding i have to connect to netduma with my comp, insert the link the netduma gave me, set it up then ill have internet??

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators
9 hours ago, itz_KonfliK said:

@admin can i use the netduma router in 2 different places? i live in brooklyn, but im going to visit family in another state, can i connect there without ruining my set up here at home?

Yes you can, should just be plug and play - you may need to reboot that modem then the R2 after a few minutes if you run into trouble. Otherwise update the bandwidth speeds and you're good to go.