Sluggish gameplay EASportsFC

Wonder

2 minutes ago, dandan91 said:

Are we putting this down to compensation lag, so having a better connection hinders you 😅

If this is so, how do I make my connection worse enough to play? 😂

I have fibre to my door at 500 down 100 up, XR700 router, geo filtering and congestion set at 70%, but yet my players are the same as described above, but then my opponents are so agile..

Honestly I don't know anymore I've basically just gave up, a VPN didn't work" Gameplay was too laggy ". I only get decent gameplay sometimes late at night but my connection during this time is the same as aways " I've done every test possible"

I've had this gameplay for years and switched isp's 4 times and every time the gameplay is brilliant for the first few days " Settling in period when the connection is least stable ".

Anything I did to improve my connection seemed to make the gameplay worst Qos, Port forwarding, DMZ, static ip etc.

8 minutes ago, Wonder said:

Honestly I don't know anymore I've basically just gave up, a VPN didn't work" Gameplay was too laggy ". I only get decent gameplay sometimes late at night but my connection during this time is the same as aways " I've done every test possible"

I've had this gameplay for years and switched isp's 4 times and every time the gameplay is brilliant for the first few days " Settling in period when the connection is least stable ".

Anything I did to improve my connection seemed to make the gameplay worst Qos, Port forwarding, DMZ, static ip etc.

Yeah same.. year by year it has got worse to the point now it’s unplayable, every touch is horrific, sprinting just doesn’t work, no AI defence due to whatever issue it is, literally just stand there.. you can’t turn or be agile as they literally feel like they’re drunk.

I’ve done the same, completely reset my router and modem last last, got it back up and running to which it was exactly the same.

Then when I hotspot off my phone using O2’s horrific network it feels like a completely different team, but it’s obviously not a permanent solution as packet loss goes crazy every now and again.

Hopefully they can find a happy medium.

Might try and connect to US servers later, as connecting to closer Europe ones just are not the answer at the minute. I get ping of 8 or 15 but that’s clearly no reflection of the horrific gameplay.

Completely at a loss.

I'm almost certain EA is using some sort of trickery on their end when it comes to matching based on connections. I routinely play their UFC games and in quick match I get nothing but pristine lag free matches. Then in ranked mode I more often than not get matched with laggy turds (despite having an acceptable ping). I assume it's related to some sorta skill matching nonsense. They prioritize skill vs connection quality.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have a list of the UK/Ireland servers for EAFC or know how I find them.

I have an xr500 and couldnt see any ip's

I'm going to try every test I can think of because this gameplay is just getting worst.

7 hours ago, Wonder said:

Does anyone have a list of the UK/Ireland servers for EAFC or know how I find them.

I have an xr500 and couldnt see any ip's

I'm going to try every test I can think of because this gameplay is just getting worst.

Doesn’t matter man, games a joke and the router can’t do a thing about it, people with worse internet get compensation lag making there’s as smooth as anything whist people with decent internet and no package loss suffer

On 12/12/2023 at 2:02 PM, Wonder said:

The trick is not to actually play on the VPN, change your VPN location to London. What you need to do is turn the VPN on then load all the way into Ultimate Team. The game will ping a load of servers and put you on the London server which is locked with the VPN on. When in Ultimate Team turn the VPN off and then search for a game. 9/10 times you’ll be matching people on the London server. Make sure you box ring London Server on the geo filter aswell. Hope this helps.

2 minutes ago, SamT98 said:

The trick is not to actually play on the VPN, change your VPN location to London. What you need to do is turn the VPN on then load all the way into Ultimate Team. The game will ping a load of servers and put you on the London server which is locked with the VPN on. When in Ultimate Team turn the VPN off and then search for a game. 9/10 times you’ll be matching people on the London server. Make sure you box ring London Server on the geo filter aswell. Hope this helps.

That's a good idea, because the delay in mine starts the moment I log into the EA servers " I can feel the delay in squad battles "  And when it works I could play all day and it would all be good. Or the same when it's bad.  Like if I woke up at 6am played a match and felt it was good and kept the xbox on, without it going into standby mode I would say the gameplay would be good all day.

Does anyone know if any free vpns work as I got a refund on my last one.

I'm actually in Northern Ireland but when I ping the London server it's better than the Dublin server. Dublin server is around 30ms, London 22ms but in the actual game with connection monitor on I usually get between 16ms and 20ms.

Just tried what was mentioned above,  but when I stop the vpn " ExpressVPN " it disconnects from EA servers not the xbox just EA servers. Also connecting to the EA servers takes ages with a vpn " Like it doesn't want to connect". 

Does anyone else have eafc and an xbox if so could u post a pic of the geofilter map and what all comes up when you start up the game. 

Mine looks like its the Irish server, but when I set up location to London and lowered the distance so the Irish server was blocked nothing showed up. 

Also that Brazilian Microsoft server also shows up 

Added two more pics, the amazon server sems to be the one i connect to 19/20ms for eafc which seems right, and again that Brazilian at 195/196ms ping

I've had decent gameplay since I've changed a few things " Don't know if its because I did or EA servers just decided to work abit better. But I'm connecting to Eu west servers there seems to be more than one, I allowed eu west server 1 and blocked number 3.

Also allowed 1 of the Microsoft Brazilian servers and blocked another. As without it I couldn't get a nat type.

Just found out eu west 1 is Ireland,  2 London, 3 Paris. For some reason 2 London doesn't show on mine and that's one I should probably be connecting too.

Screenshot_20231223_172857_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231223_172920_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231223_200724_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231223_200815_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231223_223534_Chrome.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Could anyone with EAFC 24 please check to see if there's a server in London I think it should be called EU West 2. Thanks.

I can only find EU west 1 Dublin and EU west 3 Paris, I'm on Xbox series X but it shouldn't make a difference. 

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I believe we did a Ping Heatmap update, if you resync the cloud and check

Yeah I think I seen that, but I mean on the geo filter, is the London server the Google peer? That's the only thing that shows up, I can see all the other servers. IRE, FRA etc 

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Wonder said:

Yeah I think I seen that, but I mean on the geo filter, is the London server the Google peer? That's the only thing that shows up, I can see all the other servers. IRE, FRA etc 

If that's the only thing that appears and you're in a game then yes that will be the server

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
16 hours ago, Potticon said:

My gameplay is much slower with Netduma. I plug the PS5 into the modem with pppoe, turn dmz off for r2 and upnp on. Much better than with r2

Slower in what sense?