Sluggish gameplay EASportsFC

Wonder

Hi I just bought the xr500 as I have been having trouble for years with Fifa on the Xbox one and now on the Series X.

I have noticed a Brazilian server always popping up that says Xbox this pops up when testing network settings and when I'm on Ultimate team. Also my problem with Sluggish gameplay isn't only online but offline on a mode called Squad battles " Which can only be played with a Internet connection" infact I can tell how the online gameplay will be by trying squad battles first.

My connection is full fibre to the house, new wiring only put up last mth connection reads 296ms download 294ms upload 16ms ping ingame with 0 packet loss and jitter.

Screenshot_20231019_224231_Chrome.jpg

• Administrators

Reset Bandwidth Allocation and leave it at the default settings. I would suggest you lower Congestion Control more, it's not doing a lot at those percentages. We usually suggest starting at 70% and then experimenting from there to see what works best for you.

None of these settings seem to have made much of a difference. 

My setup is good 300mb down 300mb up, wired a ping around 16ms never more than 24ms. But on EAfC/fifa offline kickoff mode I can notice a difference when I pull out the enternet lead, I'm playing offline with the ethernet connected pause the game pull out the lead so not connected at all and the game is more responsive. What can cause that?

It might not even be the games problem but I have the series X and S and it happens on both. The S is wireless. 

• Administrators
18 hours ago, Wonder said:

None of these settings seem to have made much of a difference. 

My setup is good 300mb down 300mb up, wired a ping around 16ms never more than 24ms. But on EAfC/fifa offline kickoff mode I can notice a difference when I pull out the enternet lead, I'm playing offline with the ethernet connected pause the game pull out the lead so not connected at all and the game is more responsive. What can cause that?

It might not even be the games problem but I have the series X and S and it happens on both. The S is wireless. 

So you're playing Single player essentially and without it connected to the internet it performs better? I can only think that they must be collecting stats in real time on the match for some reason via the internet which is causing some delays, it really shouldn't but that's the only explanation I can think of.

4 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

So you're playing Single player essentially and without it connected to the internet it performs better? I can only think that they must be collecting stats in real time on the match for some reason via the internet which is causing some delays, it really shouldn't but that's the only explanation I can think of.

Yeah that's it, in an offline match I can play with the enternet connected, pull out the wire and notice the gameplay/input delay is alot less. If I put it back in the control feels heavy again.

I'm starting to think is it something the xbox is connecting to, and it's more noticeable on a sports game.

Doesn't use much at all.

Offline kickoff mode.

And Squad battles offline mode on Ultimate team which can't be logged into without an Internet connection. "This is the mode I get most problems on, as when it's unresponsive/sluggish/input delay offline its also unresponsive online.

Screenshot_20231026_164220_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231026_165300_Chrome.jpg

Last night I tried my Xbox series s which is wireless but near the router and the gameplay was brilliant " I thought it was maybe just because it was late at night" but today I put my Xbox series X into wireless mode and the gameplay is alot better.

Wired Xbox x ping is 16ms wireless 20ms. 

Yeah that's what it looks like.

I think it's the less Stability to be honest as I noticed the ping ingame move a tiny bit from like 19-22 it's not much but my connection when wired never moves ingame.

Also I have this problem for a number of years on different isp's and the best gameplay has always been during the first week of installation " Isp's say this is when the connection is least stable " that's why I bought a netgear router to see what's going on.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I have another question now, I'm trying to setup a hybrid vpn, but even though it says connected its not working.

I have a xr500 v2.3.2.134

Vpn is PIA and I'm wanting to connect to one of the UK servers, London, Manchester. 

I went to advanced and put in my username and password and found configurations on the PIA page. 

1 minute ago, XerkStyle said:

Hello , i play FC24 too, what did you do to improve the gameplay?

I thought it was fixed but it's not, I have an xbox series X and S, I play most of the time on the X wired but later at night sometimes I use the S which is wireless and near the router which was alot better but I think just playing later at night makes the difference. 

I'm trying to setup a vpn atm to see if that improves anything. Will let u know if it does.

• Administrators
18 hours ago, Wonder said:

Hi I have another question now, I'm trying to setup a hybrid vpn, but even though it says connected its not working.

I have a xr500 v2.3.2.134

Vpn is PIA and I'm wanting to connect to one of the UK servers, London, Manchester. 

I went to advanced and put in my username and password and found configurations on the PIA page. 

What specifically isn't working, when you enter the VPN details it says failed instead of connected or it's connected but when adding your device it isn't replying? 

If the former please provide the config you're using and if the latter please provide a screenshot of how you added the device.

30 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What specifically isn't working, when you enter the VPN details it says failed instead of connected or it's connected but when adding your device it isn't replying? 

If the former please provide the config you're using and if the latter please provide a screenshot of how you added the device.

Hi it says connected but my location/ip are not changing.

First time setting up a vpn on a router so don't know what I'm doing.

On the PIA website I've tried a few different configurations.

client
dev tun
proto udp
remote uk-london.privacy.network 1198
resolv-retry infinite
nobind
persist-key
persist-tun
cipher aes-128-cbc
auth sha1
tls-client
remote-cert-tls server

auth-user-pass
compress
verb 1
reneg-sec 0
<crl-verify>
-----BEGIN X509 CRL-----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-----END X509 CRL-----
</crl-verify>

<ca>
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----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-----END CERTIFICATE-----
</ca>

Screenshot_20231109_161832_Chrome.jpg

• 1 month later...

Are we putting this down to compensation lag, so having a better connection hinders you 😅

If this is so, how do I make my connection worse enough to play? 😂

I have fibre to my door at 500 down 100 up, XR700 router, geo filtering and congestion set at 70%, but yet my players are the same as described above, but then my opponents are so agile..