device prioritization

im trying to my xbox to have priority over all devices in my house. i have a few laptops and a desktop on my network, the desktop is one that my brother is gaming on but he doesnt take it as serious. i gave my xbox 90% bandwith allocation for up and down and also added my console to the traffic prioritization and not the desktop. i also changed every device into a tablet on the device manager. while he is gaming, i noticed that the desktop is using the most data. i get more lag in games and i dont feel like i have the edge that i normally have when nobody is home and im playing competitively. how can i fix this?

2223.PNG

Capture.PNG

3.PNG

• Administrators

You don't need to go quite to that extent, changing the device types won't do anything for example. Reset Bandwidth Allocation and leave that alone, are you playing over WiFi or ethernet on the console? 

70% for Congestion Control is the recommended starting point but doesn't sound like it's the best for you so experiment with those values until you get to one that gives you the best experience.

11 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You don't need to go quite to that extent, changing the device types won't do anything for example. Reset Bandwidth Allocation and leave that alone, are you playing over WiFi or ethernet on the console? 

70% for Congestion Control is the recommended starting point but doesn't sound like it's the best for you so experiment with those values until you get to one that gives you the best experience.

im playing on ethernet

@nowngamerWell the DPI should be working fine though that because I am a beta tester which have the latest features though I don't know if they've updated it for the netgear routers currently since for my XR1000 it not though I would recommend manually adding it as a games console under traffic prioritization and that should be about it...