EA FC 24

madZEED

On 10/12/2023 at 9:38 AM, lukaniem said:

Hi guys, I have a question regarding FC 24. I have been working out the connection issue in Fifa 22, 23 and now FC 24 for quite a long time. The game uses several server locations when connecting. First it is the EA account server 159.153.190.XXX then it is the FUT servers 159.153.124.XX. When we play Squad Battles then only this connection is visible. When we play Rivals, or Fut Champions we connect to the game server and in eastern Europe this is Frankfurt or Warsaw for western Europe Rotterdam, Paris. In Warsaw the servers are Google 34.116.225.XX. To sum up, the game is no longer responsive in Squad Battles, for which the servers 159.153.XX.XX located in Dublin and the USA are responsible. To my understanding it is the server 159.153.124.xxx that is in Dublin. A simple solution is a fast VPN to e.g. Frankfurt. After testing, the game is much smoother in Squad Battles but no longer in Rivals because again we connect to the game servers in Frankfurt. And now the question is whether your router would be able to set up a VPN to the servers 159.153.xxx.xxx and the game servers would be available e.g. in Warsaw? So you would have to add a static route in addition to the vpn connection? Is this possible?

I've been trying to fix fifa/ Now easportsfc for years only got a netgear xr500 last week so still messing about with things. What drives me crazy is I can tell what the online gameplay will be like by trying Squad battles first. 

My broadband connection is excellent 300mb download and upload and 16ms ingame with 0 jitter 0 packet loss.

This thing is like a virus and the only reason I didn't create a new xbox account this year is because EA said it was fresh start. But when I logged in it still mentioned I was a founder and my previous club name etc.

I'm in the UK.

On 10/13/2023 at 4:20 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

The authentication servers just check that you own the game/are online/signed in, they don't run games on those servers so the game server must be somewhere else. That ping is basically what you would get on LAN so I don't think it's necessarily anything wrong with the routing etc. You may be getting lag compensated in which case forcing a server slightly further away might help.

I can't agree with that. The game connects to authorization servers in the US.  159.153.190.X server name: accounts.grpc.ea.com.
Whereas the FUT servers are already in Ireland and have an IP of 159.153.125.x even the name suggests it

eafc24-prd-mp-blaze-app-06.ea.com - 159.153.125.141
eafc24-prd-mp-blaze-app-26.ea.com - 159.153.125.170
sample servers in Ireland here. In my opinion, 80% of the problems are caused by these servers. I live in Poland myself and I have servers under my nose on Google with ping from 4-6 ms (IP:34.116.25.x). And the game is heavily lagged even at night. (Slow players, unresponsive, etc... many people have this problem). I have the opportunity to test the game on several links, often on one it runs normally and on the other tragically, so the fault 100% does not lie with EA. Rather, it lies on the side of the solution adopted by EA, 3 servers: the authorizing server in the US, in Ireland EA prod server, and the game server itself.

• Administrators
4 hours ago, lukaniem said:

I can't agree with that. The game connects to authorization servers in the US.  159.153.190.X server name: accounts.grpc.ea.com.
Whereas the FUT servers are already in Ireland and have an IP of 159.153.125.x even the name suggests it

eafc24-prd-mp-blaze-app-06.ea.com - 159.153.125.141
eafc24-prd-mp-blaze-app-26.ea.com - 159.153.125.170
sample servers in Ireland here. In my opinion, 80% of the problems are caused by these servers. I live in Poland myself and I have servers under my nose on Google with ping from 4-6 ms (IP:34.116.25.x). And the game is heavily lagged even at night. (Slow players, unresponsive, etc... many people have this problem). I have the opportunity to test the game on several links, often on one it runs normally and on the other tragically, so the fault 100% does not lie with EA. Rather, it lies on the side of the solution adopted by EA, 3 servers: the authorizing server in the US, in Ireland EA prod server, and the game server itself.

Your ping to Google servers don't matter though, it matters where the game servers are located in relation to you, what ping do you get in game/on the Geo-Filter?

Hi all,

Does anyone know the IP Address for the supposed EA Server located in London please?  I live in northern England, but when I play Division Rivals EA FC, i get matched against opponents from Germany, France and Holland, about 75% of the time.  My pings are often over 20.  I question why I don’t get matched against UK opponents more often?  

This results in most of my games feeling laggy and unresponsive.  I have a full fibre, gigabit connection.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Administrators
8 hours ago, giuseppe_esq said:

Hi all,

Does anyone know the IP Address for the supposed EA Server located in London please?  I live in northern England, but when I play Division Rivals EA FC, i get matched against opponents from Germany, France and Holland, about 75% of the time.  My pings are often over 20.  I question why I don’t get matched against UK opponents more often?  

This results in most of my games feeling laggy and unresponsive.  I have a full fibre, gigabit connection.

Any help would be appreciated.

You could have a look at Ping Heatmap for the IP address but I doubt it will reveal much. As you're connected to a server it's your ping to that server that counts. You can't control who connects to the servers and the games will connect anyone it wants to that server.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/2/2023 at 3:50 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

You could have a look at Ping Heatmap for the IP address but I doubt it will reveal much. As you're connected to a server it's your ping to that server that counts. You can't control who connects to the servers and the games will connect anyone it wants to that server.

Hi Fraser, 

Thanks for your reply.

I agree with your response, though whilst I cannot prevent who connects to the server, I could stop connecting to specific servers using geo filtering?

Giuseppe

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, giuseppe_esq said:

Hi Fraser, 

Thanks for your reply.

I agree with your response, though whilst I cannot prevent who connects to the server, I could stop connecting to specific servers using geo filtering?

Giuseppe

Yes precisely!