EA FC 24

madZEED

Hi guys, I have a question regarding FC 24. I have been working out the connection issue in Fifa 22, 23 and now FC 24 for quite a long time. The game uses several server locations when connecting. First it is the EA account server 159.153.190.XXX then it is the FUT servers 159.153.124.XX. When we play Squad Battles then only this connection is visible. When we play Rivals, or Fut Champions we connect to the game server and in eastern Europe this is Frankfurt or Warsaw for western Europe Rotterdam, Paris. In Warsaw the servers are Google 34.116.225.XX. To sum up, the game is no longer responsive in Squad Battles, for which the servers 159.153.XX.XX located in Dublin and the USA are responsible. To my understanding it is the server 159.153.124.xxx that is in Dublin. A simple solution is a fast VPN to e.g. Frankfurt. After testing, the game is much smoother in Squad Battles but no longer in Rivals because again we connect to the game servers in Frankfurt. And now the question is whether your router would be able to set up a VPN to the servers 159.153.xxx.xxx and the game servers would be available e.g. in Warsaw? So you would have to add a static route in addition to the vpn connection? Is this possible?

• Administrators
6 hours ago, lukaniem said:

Hi guys, I have a question regarding FC 24. I have been working out the connection issue in Fifa 22, 23 and now FC 24 for quite a long time. The game uses several server locations when connecting. First it is the EA account server 159.153.190.XXX then it is the FUT servers 159.153.124.XX. When we play Squad Battles then only this connection is visible. When we play Rivals, or Fut Champions we connect to the game server and in eastern Europe this is Frankfurt or Warsaw for western Europe Rotterdam, Paris. In Warsaw the servers are Google 34.116.225.XX. To sum up, the game is no longer responsive in Squad Battles, for which the servers 159.153.XX.XX located in Dublin and the USA are responsible. To my understanding it is the server 159.153.124.xxx that is in Dublin. A simple solution is a fast VPN to e.g. Frankfurt. After testing, the game is much smoother in Squad Battles but no longer in Rivals because again we connect to the game servers in Frankfurt. And now the question is whether your router would be able to set up a VPN to the servers 159.153.xxx.xxx and the game servers would be available e.g. in Warsaw? So you would have to add a static route in addition to the vpn connection? Is this possible?

I think you may be referring to the authentication servers which are always located in Ireland pretty much and won't actually affect your game experience, the game server is likely showing somewhere else. We'll be able to tell more when we test the game.

You can't setup a VPN for a specific IP if that's what you mean. You can add static routes but not exclusively for the VPN.

17 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I think you may be referring to the authentication servers which are always located in Ireland pretty much and won't actually affect your game experience, the game server is likely showing somewhere else. We'll be able to tell more when we test the game.

You can't setup a VPN for a specific IP if that's what you mean. You can add static routes but not exclusively for the VPN.

Thank you very much for the prompt reply. Many people complain about the smoothness of games from EA. Not only FIFA but also NHL. The pattern everywhere is the same authoring servers plus game servers.I have a fibre connection, have tried several ISP, ping in the game 4-6 ms and the game is completely unplayable. Even at night. When you play Squad Battles or Seasons, you don't connect to the games servers, only the authoring servers in Ireland. Still the game is not very responsive. Although this is less noticeable than in online play. On older consoles it was even noticeable in the menus. Of course, this only occurs when connected to EA servers. I researched trace routing and found one provider where the game works is Orange. They have a different route than the other providers. For me the solution is to connect via VPN and if the route goes via frankturt.opentransit.net then the game off-line is mega smooth. Maybe we're looking wrong and we need to see how the authentication servers affect gameplay. I know this game is not as popular as CS but if someone can figure out how to solve this problem it will be worth a lot. It must be a routing issue because I don't believe in EA conspiring and reserving resources for premium accounts :) And at the same time with some people the game runs normally and with others absolutely not. The server I'm checking is 159.153.160.4 because the others have pinging disabled.  

• Administrators

The authentication servers just check that you own the game/are online/signed in, they don't run games on those servers so the game server must be somewhere else. That ping is basically what you would get on LAN so I don't think it's necessarily anything wrong with the routing etc. You may be getting lag compensated in which case forcing a server slightly further away might help.

On 10/5/2023 at 4:22 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

I'm checking in with Alex and will get back to you. You should still be able to filter the game though.

EAFC now shows on Ping Heatmap, thank you.

P.S.

Italian server ip: 20.52.214.191 shows on ping heatmap, but when I connecting in game its not shown on the map. Also when I want only to use that server its impossible. Any solution?

20231015_214629.jpg

• Administrators

The servers won't necessarily all appear when loading the game but I do know Spanish and Italian servers are notoriously hard to force. It's possible it's mislocated on the map, check Heatmap for the ping you expect and set your Ping Assist to that value/slightly above, delete the polygon and then move the location to the ocean and see if you get a game with that ping.

17 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The servers won't necessarily all appear when loading the game but I do know Spanish and Italian servers are notoriously hard to force. It's possible it's mislocated on the map, check Heatmap for the ping you expect and set your Ping Assist to that value/slightly above, delete the polygon and then move the location to the ocean and see if you get a game with that ping.

I tried eveeything and can connect to any server except italian.

20231015_221347.jpg

Just now, Netduma Fraser said:

So even just using ping assist you can't get a game under 40 ms?

Yes, but I connect to Germany or Poland server, on italian I had 32 ms and best stable connection.

• Administrators
30 minutes ago, madZEED said:

Yes, but I connect to Germany or Poland server, on italian I had 32 ms and best stable connection.

It may just be very hard to connect to outside of peaks times but I'll double check with the team

9 hours ago, madZEED said:

EAFC now shows on Ping Heatmap, thank you.

P.S.

Italian server ip: 20.52.214.191 shows on ping heatmap, but when I connecting in game its not shown on the map. Also when I want only to use that server its impossible. Any solution?

20231015_214629.jpg

12.png.12e0e4c79af29fa08efc3c5e2c8ac903.png

5 minutes ago, diafanos said:

Maybe I am wrong, but the Italian server in game shows that is in Greece(mislocated). If you try to connect in Greece you will probably connect to the desired server.

No, it shows correctly in Italy. Closest is Switzerland servers with few ms higher ping. It's impossible for me to connect on it, for now I keep swiss and german server, really hope I will find solution for italian.

8 minutes ago, madZEED said:

No, it shows correctly in Italy. Closest is Switzerland servers with few ms higher ping. It's impossible for me to connect on it, for now I keep swiss and german server, really hope I will find solution for italian.

In the section "Ping Heatmap" shows that it is in Italy, but in game I connect to Greece. And as far as I know this is an Italian server.

And when I play my ping is almost the same with the ping in Ping Heatmap(Italian server).

13 minutes ago, Potticon said:

For me the italian Server is a Germany Server Frankfurt 

https://www.iplocation.net/ip-lookup

Thats it, thats ip that shows as italian on heatmap. So there is no italian server on heatmap, also it impossible to connect on it with geo filter or maybe is different ip or mislocated on map. Now I have to check all ip's.