I'm not reaching my contracted speed on netduma R2

jrfamilia

Could you help me, I live in Brazil, my internet is 600 mbs download and 300 upload, I recently bought the netduma R2, I'm not reaching the contracted internet speed

When I put my (ISP) modem/router in bridge mode and do PPPoe on netdumar2 the speed is much lower than the contracted value. I didn't do any Bandwidth (QOS) configuration on netdumar2

Sorry, I don't know how to speak your language, I'm using Google Translate

• Administrators

Hello, welcome to the forum!

I would recommend using the ISP modem/router in router mode with the R2 in the DMZ of the ISP router instead of having the R2 handling PPPoE. 

Then make sure you enter the correct speeds in Bandwidth Settings in the Congestion Control menu ( :menu ) on the QoS page.

Also if you're checking on Connection Benchmark, check on speedtest.net, what do you get there?

I put the ISP modem/router using PPPoe
I put the wan address of the netduma r2 in the DMZ of the ISP's modem/router, I marked my contracted speed at 600mbs Down and 300 Upload on the netduma r2, I connected it to the LAN port of the netduma via cable
but the speed averages 460 down and 295 up the speed drop and more in download but also sometimes in both tests the tests were done on speedtest.net. And no QOS configuration was done on netduma, the tests were also done with only the device connected to netduma r2.

Sorry, I use Google Translate, I'm from Brazil

2023-09-19 222208.jpg

2023-09-19 222209.jpg

Hi,

Using pppoe generally causes throughput losses, this is due to the protocol.

I didn't quite understand, did you try putting the R2 behind your ISP router using the dhcp protocol on the R2, instead?

Otherwise regarding the flow tests, I advise you to use the W11 app instead of the https test. The server you are using may not be optimized above 500Mbps either. You can try on other servers!

4 hours ago, Fuzy said:

Oi,

Usar pppoe geralmente causa perdas de rendimento, isso se deve ao protocolo.

Não entendi muito bem, você tentou colocar o R2 atrás do roteador ISP usando o protocolo DHCP no R2?

Caso contrário, em relação aos testes de fluxo, aconselho usar o aplicativo W11 em vez do teste https. O servidor que você está usando também pode não estar otimizado acima de 500 Mbps. Você pode tentar em outros servidores!

I was using the netduma R2 with PPPoe and the ISP's modem/router in Bridge mode but it didn't reach the contracted speed of 600mbs download and 300upload so I followed my friend's advice.

Administrators.Netduuma Fraser :

I would recommend using the ISP modem/router in router mode with the R2 in the DMZ of the ISP router instead of having the R2 handling PPPoE. 

Then make sure you enter the correct speeds in Bandwidth Settings in the Congestion Control menu ( :menu ) on the QoS page.

Also if you're checking on Connection Benchmark, check on speedtest.net, what do you get there?

But the problem continues, the speed is much lower

On 9/19/2023 at 1:44 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Then make sure you enter the correct speeds in Bandwidth Settings in the Congestion Control menu ( :menu ) on the QoS page.

On 9/19/2023 at 1:44 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

I put the ISP modem/router using PPPoe
I put the wan address of the netduma r2 in the DMZ of the ISP's modem/router, I marked my contracted speed at 600mbs Down and 300 Upload on the netduma r2, I connected it to the LAN port of the netduma via cable
but the speed averages 460 down and 295 up the speed drop and more in download but also sometimes in both tests the tests were done on speedtest.net. And no QOS configuration was done on netduma, the tests were also done with only the device connected to netduma r2.

I put it exactly as you said but the problem continues

Sorry, I use Google Translate, I'm from Brazil

2023-09-19 222208.jpg

2023-09-19 222209.jpg

Have you tried entering higher values?
Like 950 dl to see if that increases your flow...
Live on your ISP router on this same test server, do you have 600Mbps?

On 9/21/2023 at 11:21 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

That's good progress, are ALL devices connected to the R2 or do you still have some connected to the ISP modem/router?

If you disable QoS fully from the Congestion Control menu do the speeds increase?

Good afternoon friend, I would like to inform you that I enabled Qos in Never and the speed was normal 600Mbps down/300 up so I put it back in auto-enable and the speed was also normal and this problem was resolved.
Now I would like to know if the netduma R2 will work normally with all its functions since it is no longer the one that does PPPoe.
And yes, the ISP modem/router.
I would also like to know if I should leave DHCP enabled in netduma as in the attached image or should I disable it because the ISP's modem/router is also enabled?

1 2023-09-22 193013.jpg

2 2023-09-22 193236.jpg

10 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes it will work properly without it using PPPoE now and keep DHCP enabled on the R2 otherwise your devices won't connect to the router

Friend, just one more question because I can't close the page when I click here, I can only exit when I close the browser page

1 2023-09-22 193013.jpg

• Administrators
2 hours ago, jrfamilia said:

Friend, just one more question because I can't close the page when I click here, I can only exit when I close the browser page

That will just log you out of the interface and then it will prompt you to login again so it'll still be on the screen until you close the tab like any website

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2023 at 5:05 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

That will just log you out of the interface and then it will prompt you to login again so it'll still be on the screen until you close the tab like any website

Friend, I found another problem, I have IPV6 on the ISP router but I don't have it on my netduma R2
I would like to remind you that now who is doing the PPPOE and the ISP router because with the netduma r2 in PPPOE I was not
reaching my speed.

Test Ipv6  Netduma R2..png

Test Ipv6  Netduma R2.png

test ipv6 ISP ..jpg

test ipv6 ISP.jpg

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Can you now disable IPv6 just on the LAN side on the R2, reboot the router from the interface, wait 2 minutes then reboot the console, wait a few minutes then check please?

Friend, I disabled the Lan on the netduma R2 side and restarted the netduma R2 but I don't have IPV6, only IPV4, do I need to activate something? But when I test on the ISP router I have IPV6

Captura de tela 2023-10-06 223614.png

Captura de tela 2023-10-06 224629.png

• Administrators
47 minutes ago, Potticon said:

hi, I also have the IPv6 problem and have already registered. Please take a look. thank you

thanks for add 

You already have access, you can find it here: https://forum.netduma.com/forum/144-netduma-r2-early-access/

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, Potticon said:

Is it always better to do the pppoe r2 with vdsl2 in the modem and dmz or only with the stable firmware?

Would still recommend have the modem handling that for the moment