geo filter not working for MW2

Im having trouble getting the geo filter to work or maybe understanding how it works ?  i am playing MW2 in LA Cali and have my geo filter set around the three servers with low ping that are nearby , i have ping assist set to 0 and filtering is on . when i go into a game the duma map gets the big server symbol in the UK almost everytime and nothing usually pops up in my geo filter circle .  sometimes i get a ping assist  player or ping assist server in or around my circle but never just get the server symbol in my circle .  ive gone through the forum and found similar situations and have tried all the factory resets and reboots etc.  maybe i just dont understand how it works?  i figured if i have my geo filter on then when i connect to a game a server icon should pop up inside my circle , is this not the case ?

• Administrators

The ones in the UK will be authentication servers so you can ignore those, you may need to expand your radius a little but try this:

1. Quit the application/game/client completely
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Resync from the Geo-Filter Map menu
  4. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter with the manual option
  5. Set up the Geo-Filter how you like
  6. Wait 2 minutes
  7. Boot up application/game/client

Then see if it works better.

@RossDxboxIf your playing specifically cod I would recommend just using ping assist...as for the servers there sometimes outdated or are for other game modes so it not going to be 100% and for some games it best to use polygon/circle mode because it doesn't work to well with ping assist such as Fortnite and others.