Updates on eFootball 2024

• Administrators

Alex is really busy at the moment but it will be done, it's something I am reminding him of frequently. 

eFootball specifically hasn't been added but it was built using the Unreal Engine which is an option you can select or you can select the device specifically.

Netduma R2 installed and configured and it runs very fast compared to Netgear XR1000 which perhaps I will return to Amazon. In the MTU that I use PPPOE in TIM should I put 1492 or do I leave it deactivated by default? Upnp deactivated and put PS5 in dmz. Does Upnp need to be activated for WiFi anyway? Even UPNP is disabled, the wifi devices are all connected. I left the original firmware 3.3.280. I don't install the betas. Thank you.

• Administrators
26 minutes ago, euphidra said:

Netduma R2 installed and configured and it runs very fast compared to Netgear XR1000 which perhaps I will return to Amazon. In the MTU that I use PPPOE in TIM should I put 1492 or do I leave it deactivated by default? Upnp deactivated and put PS5 in dmz. Does Upnp need to be activated for WiFi anyway? Even UPNP is disabled, the wifi devices are all connected. I left the original firmware 3.3.280. I don't install the betas. Thank you.

You can leave MTU at the default setting. Generally yes it would be good to keep UPnP enabled as other devices would rely on it but if you're not encountering any issues you could leave it disabled.

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, euphidra said:

Should we put normal in LAN and Gaming/Voice in wifi as priority? Should Apply to Wan be ticked? Games duma OS disabled since I did manual rule. Right?

That's right, Normal for wired devices, Gaming/Voice for wireless devices. You can enable Apply to WAN, if your ISP supports priority tags you may notice an improvement, if not it's fine to keep enabled. Yes that's right.

Could there be improvements with a VPN? I'm in Sicily and the closest server is in Switzerland. I have a FTTC TIM 200mega and will soon have FTTH. What VPN do you recommend using with Netduma R2 to even try? Does ping increase or decrease with a VPN?

Could there be improvements with a VPN? I'm in Sicily and the closest server is in Switzerland. I have a FTTC TIM 200mega and will soon have FTTH. What VPN do you recommend using with Netduma R2 to even try? Does ping increase or decrease with a VPN?

When you activate the dma it creates a rule on port forwarding I have to enable it which is disabled. I also have upnp enabled. Thank you.

• Administrators
6 hours ago, euphidra said:

Could there be improvements with a VPN? I'm in Sicily and the closest server is in Switzerland. I have a FTTC TIM 200mega and will soon have FTTH. What VPN do you recommend using with Netduma R2 to even try? Does ping increase or decrease with a VPN?

When you activate the dma it creates a rule on port forwarding I have to enable it which is disabled. I also have upnp enabled. Thank you.

Improvements in terms of connection quality? Unlikely as generally it does increase your ping, there isn't a specific VPN we recommend.

DMZ doesn't create any port forwarding rules so whatever that is you can delete it

It was thought that the ping would decrease when I got closer to the Swiss eFootball server. If I create a dmz rule for Ps5 (I also have UPNP activated) it creates a port forwarding rule that is not enabled without ports but with the IP address of the Ps5. If I delete it it deletes the dmz rule in dmz. I send you a log of the Netduma R2 and I read an error. I use the official firmware 3.3.280. I use qos 70% download and 70% upload and here is the bufferbloat: https://www.waveform.com/tools/bufferbloat?test-id=f51a866f-ef80-4aa2-948a-73a79b86259a What can I do to improve it and have all the tips enabled? If I use ping optimizer it reduces my ping but tells me to set download to 99% download and 70% upload (which remains) but so the bufferbloat gives me A and not A+. In wan Network I don't enable mtu and leave it disabled instead of putting mtu 1492 for Fibra Tim FTTC as you told me. I enable DNS upstream and not DNS override (On the PS5 I use Google DNS). Finally I have to keep everything enabled in wan general (Allow Ping, Port Scan Protection, Syn Flood Protection). Please reply to everything Netduma Fraser. Thank you.

log-1694793026249.txt

So I leave QOS 70% download and 70% upload. The QOS and PPPOE problem to be solved in the next firmware.

Netgear XR1000 is in the box and performs badly compared to Netduma R2 superior to everything.

Adblocker must also be used on game consoles as well as smart TVs or it blocks too much. We also need to add this: https://netduma.com/adblocker-lists/default-list.txt or is Netduma R2 cloud blacklist ok?

• Administrators

If that's what you have it set to then yes leave it at that, it's working well.

You don't need to use the Adblocker on any devices you don't want to, it's not really necessary for a console.

No you don't need to add that, it's included by default.

Hi Netduma, I use upstream DNS on the R2 router and set the Google DNS on PS5 with automatic mtu. Mtu on the router is disabled by default. I have a FTTC 200 mega TIM fiber in PPPOE. How can I best configure the PS5? In PPPOE I know that Mtu can be set to 1492 and not 1500. Using Google DNS on the router and deactivating upstream DNS improves online and setting the primary DNS only on PS5 to 192.168.77.1 with the router's manual mtu or automatic? Thank you.

Can the Netduma R2 beta firmware be downloaded or do Netduma need to send the firmware? Do you always have to reset to factory settings with every official and beta update? Do the beta versions have any problems? I am interested in eFootball 2024 being included with the new servers in Madrid, Doha and Dubai in ping heatmap and in the smart qos (which temporarily can be selected Unreal Engine as you told me in a previous answer). Thank you.

• Administrators

You do already have access so you can find it and download it from here: https://forum.netduma.com/forum/144-netduma-r2-early-access/

You don't have to factory reset but in a scenario where the firmware changes a lot such as going from the official release to this beta release I would recommend it.

As it is a beta there is always the chance you will encounter issues and this beta is no different, you could wait for the next version to release as in theory it should then be more stable as we fix bugs that have been reported.

Hi Netduma the official firmware Netduma R2 3.3.280 has a bug if you turn off the wifi the lights don't go off on the router (the wifi is off) unless I restart the router and they stay off. Would using NordVPN and locating yourself in Switzerland be better for playing efootball 2024 instead of using your Tim ISP and connecting from Sicily? The closest efootball 2024 server is in Switzerland.
Does Netduma R2 use wireguard as well as OpenVPN?
Nordvpn also has its own proprietary protocol.

• Administrators
34 minutes ago, euphidra said:
Hi Netduma the official firmware Netduma R2 3.3.280 has a bug if you turn off the wifi the lights don't go off on the router (the wifi is off) unless I restart the router and they stay off. Would using NordVPN and locating yourself in Switzerland be better for playing efootball 2024 instead of using your Tim ISP and connecting from Sicily? The closest efootball 2024 server is in Switzerland.
Does Netduma R2 use wireguard as well as OpenVPN?
Nordvpn also has its own proprietary protocol.

Thanks for letting us know. No not necessarily, you're adding extra latency. It does support Wireguard but I believe Nord use a proprietary version and don't give out the config files so you could connect with the router.