UniFi bridge AP not connected

I have a NanoStation M5 that will not connect to my XR. I've connected the AP and Station sides of the bridge to another 8 port Netgear switch and they both say LAN0 is connected. Once I move the AP side to the XR, I get LAN0 unplugged. I'm using the same cables as I was with the 8 port switch. Any ideas?

• Administrators

Are you using it with or without the injector? It definitely won't work without it so would have thought it would work with it. On the XR are you seeing it listed in the Device Manager at all? I would assume not. If you connect it to the switch and the switch to the router does it then appear/work?

9 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Are you using it with or without the injector? It definitely won't work without it so would have thought it would work with it. On the XR are you seeing it listed in the Device Manager at all? I would assume not. If you connect it to the switch and the switch to the router does it then appear/work?

Yes I am using the injector. I'm not seeing it in the Device Manager but I can see the port is active. I did try another Uni-switch-router connection and same results as a direct connection. 

From a few threads I've found, there have been other Netgear owners with issues as well. Not sure if it's a Netgear thing or not.

• Administrators

The switch you're using is it a managed or unmanaged switch? I've not encountered this issue at all before, is there any support on the Uni side of things that either offers a solution or indicates what the problem could be?

19 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The switch you're using is it a managed or unmanaged switch? I've not encountered this issue at all before, is there any support on the Uni side of things that either offers a solution or indicates what the problem could be?

The switch is a managed one but the only thing I changed was putting it on the same subnet as my LAN.

Most of the unifi folks always said either the radio or port is bad on the unit. But I only get the error when plugged into the XR, not the switch.