Bufferbloat Download

hello dear community,

I use the xr500 and no matter what settings I've tried I get the ping under load in the download not less than 25ms. my base ping is 12ms. vodafone business 1000mbit down 50 up. upload is 0-4ms under load. could it be that the fritzbox 6591 doesn't get a better ping under load? Unfortunately, I can't upload the firmware to 7.50 because vodafone does that unless I get my own modem, but I really don't know if that will do anything. could a switch to the r2 solve the problem? I'm really desperate, I don't have a packet loss in the game, but I feel like I'm 1 second behind the opponents.

• Administrators

It's best to start with a high value for Congestion Control, say 95% then do a test, decrease by 10%, test, decrease by 10% etc, until you get to a value that is pretty good and then try 5% either side of that value to see if it can be improved. It's important to note that Download & Upload on Congestion Control don't have to be the same value and that you may have a better experience with differing values.

should I drop by 10 and play a round or just do a bufferbloat test? I've really tried everything possible, each time pretty much the same ping under load results. In the game I have eg 19ms latency, players with 60-70ms kill me so easily. if they were better ok but it feels  like connection because some of my shots don't land either.