Ping assist as filter

Exia

Was wondering about this , i followed the setup correctly putting it in the middle of the ocean , putting distance to the lowest & ping assist to 200, my device is an Xbox series X but i did not filtered it , was wondering if i filtered it & set it to strict mode means servers will be in the ocean & will not be connected to a game server? Another thing Since  the ping assist is set to 200 means I'll be connected no matter where they are? Im asking this because feels like setting up ping assist as filters gets me connected to games especially Call of duty but setting it unfiltered of course.

• Administrators

With that setup you could connect to any servers you have under a 200ms ping to so it's not advised. If you have the Geo-Filter not filtering then regardless of Ping Assist it won't be doing anything.

What i understand is an example setting it in the middle of the ocean with strict mode on & ping assist set to 200 it will comnect me to servers anything less then 200ms correct? Because im new to this im use to setting a location on geo filter & using a vpn to play on that servers 

Hay fraser so i did followed what you recommend i started to use the radius to put my location at California, strict mode on & about 1.8km & ping assist to zero what i understand is those white things which are server/dedicated servers popping up is it a must to press it & add it to allow & deny list or should i let it be? Playing Call of duty btw match making for me is not instant connect though it will keep finding for servers not sure am i doing something wrong here .

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Exia said:

Hay fraser so i did followed what you recommend i started to use the radius to put my location at California, strict mode on & about 1.8km & ping assist to zero what i understand is those white things which are server/dedicated servers popping up is it a must to press it & add it to allow & deny list or should i let it be? Playing Call of duty btw match making for me is not instant connect though it will keep finding for servers not sure am i doing something wrong here .

You don't need to add them to your allow list, as long as they're showing within your radius and don't have a blocked symbol then you can connect to them. It won't always be instant as you are restricting the amount of servers that are joinable.

Oh just to confirm my internet speed is 2gbps , at the router qos settings i tried putting manually to 2000mbps it gave me an error message but inputting it to 1000mbps is it  the max? Btw wondering to use auto or manual for recommended?

• Administrators

1000 is the max as that is the limit on the internet/LAN ports so you won't be able to get any higher. It's entirely up to you, you could use Auto and see how if feels and then manually change from there if you think it can be improved.

Hi Fraser ! Sorry i kept coming back & asking questions 😐 . Just wanted to know is using Radius for geo filter  better or polygon mode which is the prefer option? & If i prefer polygon mode should my radius be at the same location ?  

@ExiaThey both do the same thing it just more precise to use polygon mode and if you try to lock in into a location far away from your local area it obviously going to take ages to find a match or never connect either do to ISP or servers unavailable/SBMM

@ExiaTo clarify you need to know were the servers are located for the games your playing since if you set it in a particular area you might not always get the most efficient servers so it best to know were the low ping servers are etc

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Exia said:

Hi Fraser ! Sorry i kept coming back & asking questions 😐 . Just wanted to know is using Radius for geo filter  better or polygon mode which is the prefer option? & If i prefer polygon mode should my radius be at the same location ?  

You can only use one at a time so either the radius or polygon, one of the other isn't better in that it would give you a better gameplay experience. The radius is more simple in that it just allows everything within a specific radius whereas with the polygon mode you can draw multiple areas that you want to allow servers so it's more fine tuned in that regard. It's totally down to personal preference and depends on what you want to achieve.

Thank you darkness & fraser for replying, yup currently using polygon mode,  btw possible to turn off the radius since im using polygon mode? About drawing at multiple areas example i live in Singapore i drew on my country & another in California so i tested call of duty is it normal for it to search games in Singapore server because its the nearest & lowest ping ? What if i want it to search for servers in California should i delete the drawing around Singapore?or  increase ping assist? Currently ping assist is at zero .

• Administrators
12 hours ago, Exia said:

Thank you darkness & fraser for replying, yup currently using polygon mode,  btw possible to turn off the radius since im using polygon mode? About drawing at multiple areas example i live in Singapore i drew on my country & another in California so i tested call of duty is it normal for it to search games in Singapore server because its the nearest & lowest ping ? What if i want it to search for servers in California should i delete the drawing around Singapore?or  increase ping assist? Currently ping assist is at zero .

When you're using one, the other one isn't being used and you won't see it. As Cali is far away it would want to try and get you on Singapore if possible but yes if you just want to force a specific location only that should be selected with Ping Assist at 0.