Netgear XR1000 firmware version 1.0.0.68 bug and various topics

Why the Netgear XR1000 router with the current filmware 1.0.0.64 does not detect the new update 1.0.0.68 but can only be manually installed?
I downgraded to version 1.0.0.64 and everything works.
Hopefully fix PPPOE/QOS congestion on this router.

• Administrators
9 hours ago, euphidra said:

Why the Netgear XR1000 router with the current filmware 1.0.0.64 does not detect the new update 1.0.0.68 but can only be manually installed?
I downgraded to version 1.0.0.64 and everything works.

Netgear won't have pushed the update to their server for some reason, usually they do this if they want to monitor how well a firmware is received to prevent major issues across all customers.

Great to hear that, thanks for the update.

Does PPPOE/QOS work on NETDUMA R2?
PPPOE/QOS from problems playing games on NETGEAR XR1000?

You recommend the NETDUMA R2 while waiting for this NETGEAR XR1000 router to improve and arrive at DUMA OS 3.3.
Too slow Netgear to update the router.
This firmware development page: https://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000132677-dumaos-firmware-progress

it is no longer updated since April 3, 2023

In DHCP I don't understand why the TIM HUB PLUS + TECHNICOLOR in the ping benchmark test gives me lost packets while the FRITZBOX 7590 TIM EDITION doesn't. Does the TIM HUB PLUS + TECHNICOLOR have a block to work PPPOE only? In DHCP if I use windows 11 command prompt it doesn't lose any packets. So I don't understand if the benchmark ping test is bugged (with the FRITZBOX 7590 TIM EDITION it doesn't happen and I have no problem with lost packets).
Could you explain me why the https://www.waveform.com/tools/bufferbloat only works well in PPPOE? In DHCP there is no traffic congestion problem giving me B or A.
Even the only TIM HUB PLUS + TECHNICOLOR modem in bufferbloat is B or A.
I'm waiting for FTTH hopefully within 20 days.
I'm in FTTC 200 mega with i2016_1008 rein profile (called SOS profile which increases the GINP to 100 instead of 60 to have a more stable line).
Even if I install a basic 200 mega undercover firmware, the modem automatically installs the SOS profile in the evening.

TECHNICOLOR is the manufacturing brand of the modem. Previously they also marketed under the ZTE brand. There are both but the TECHNICOLOR is more stable having Chipset Broadcom as the control unit in the cabinet and not like the ZTE which has the more unstable Realtek chipset the vdsl.

I stay connected in PPPOE also with the problem of traffic congestion waiting for DUMA OS 3.3 which solves all these problems.
In PPPOE the router uses the TIM dns and I don't change them. I use google dns on the Playstation 5.
I use firmware version 1.0.0.64 on the NETGEAR XR1000 and I find it better than 1.0.0.68 which has serious problems (18 months waiting for an update which is worse than 1.0.0.64).
Thank you Netduma Fraser.

• 3 weeks later...

When does the firmware for the Netgear XR1000 come out? The traffic congestion in PPPOE QOS does not work will be resolved. I use firmware version 1.0.0.64 and no longer 1.0.0.68 which is only installed manually because the router does not automatically find the new firmware. Bufferbloat I always have D https://www.waveform.com/tools/bufferbloat?test-id=2961e7f8-b0a7-4b77-9467-499b7f50049b while with the TIM modem only I have B. Does this PPPOE / QOS work on Netgear R2? Since there is Duma OS 3.3 Too backward as firmware this Netgear XR1000.

• Administrators
57 minutes ago, euphidra said:

When does the firmware for the Netgear XR1000 come out? The traffic congestion in PPPOE QOS does not work will be resolved. I use firmware version 1.0.0.64 and no longer 1.0.0.68 which is only installed manually because the router does not automatically find the new firmware. Bufferbloat I always have D https://www.waveform.com/tools/bufferbloat?test-id=2961e7f8-b0a7-4b77-9467-499b7f50049b while with the TIM modem only I have B. Does this PPPOE / QOS work on Netgear R2? Since there is Duma OS 3.3 Too backward as firmware this Netgear XR1000.

We don't give out any ETAs as it's always subject to change. We are aware of the PPPoE/QoS issue that affects the XR and R2 units and will be resolving it. 3rd party tests like that can be skewed when Traffic Prioritization is enabled, if Upload isn't working due to PPPoE as well then it won't give you a good result. Bufferbloat only occurs when your connection is saturated (all bandwidth is used) so if that doesn't happen it won't be affecting you.

I reinstalled Netgear XR1000 firmware 1.0.0.68. The initial configuration always in wifi from mobile phone or PC. Then I use PC after initial stage. Initialization does not work via LAN cable after resetting the router. Everything works, even prioritizing traffic by inserting game consoles and the server does not disappear after hooking it up. Hoping Duma OS 3.3 comes out Too many bugs have these firmwares to fix. PPPOE/QOS etc.. VPN HYBRID is missing and many functions that the Netduma R2 firmware has. I was about to return it to take Netduma R2 but I tried again to install the latest firmware manually since it finds it in update check with version 1.0.0.64 Ping in game 35 36ms and with the geofilter set ping assist on 35ms (just insert it like this or is it too low and you have to insert 40 45 50 ms or 0 which would be deactivated? I play eFootball 2023.

• Administrators
19 minutes ago, euphidra said:

I reinstalled Netgear XR1000 firmware 1.0.0.68. The initial configuration always in wifi from mobile phone or PC. Then I use PC after initial stage. Initialization does not work via LAN cable after resetting the router. Everything works, even prioritizing traffic by inserting game consoles and the server does not disappear after hooking it up. Hoping Duma OS 3.3 comes out Too many bugs have these firmwares to fix. PPPOE/QOS etc.. VPN HYBRID is missing and many functions that the Netduma R2 firmware has. I was about to return it to take Netduma R2 but I tried again to install the latest firmware manually since it finds it in update check with version 1.0.0.64 Ping in game 35 36ms and with the geofilter set ping assist on 35ms (just insert it like this or is it too low and you have to insert 40 45 50 ms or 0 which would be deactivated? I play eFootball 2023.

It's best to do the setup via a wired PC if possible, what do you mean it doesn't work exactly? 0 Ping Assist would be deactivated, it's not necessary to use if you know where the best servers are for you.

The initial configuration in LAN with the cable with address 10.0.0.1 makes the first screen and the second screen (where it writes allow or ignore if I want to share anonymous data with Netgear support) then it doesn't go on after writing the address http://www. routerlogin.net . But in wifi from mobile phone or pc everything works. Mobile use from the router's QR CODE. After initially configuring it in wifi I can operate from the PC in LAN and set everything. It used to work but I don't know from which firmware. I also tried to do a reset via TFTP but fail it crashes after a while and same goes with command line in windows command prompt(I read all the instructions from Netgear). I then manually updated to version 1.0.0.68 by doing a factory reset from the router menu. Now everything works waiting for Duma OS 3.3. Hopefully you develop beta firmware for Netgear XR1000. Updates too slow to release. From version 1.0.0.64 to version 1.0.0.68 on August 5, 2023, 18 months have passed.

• Administrators
56 minutes ago, euphidra said:

The initial configuration in LAN with the cable with address 10.0.0.1 makes the first screen and the second screen (where it writes allow or ignore if I want to share anonymous data with Netgear support) then it doesn't go on after writing the address http://www. routerlogin.net . But in wifi from mobile phone or pc everything works. Mobile use from the router's QR CODE. After initially configuring it in wifi I can operate from the PC in LAN and set everything. It used to work but I don't know from which firmware. I also tried to do a reset via TFTP but fail it crashes after a while and same goes with command line in windows command prompt(I read all the instructions from Netgear). I then manually updated to version 1.0.0.68 by doing a factory reset from the router menu. Now everything works waiting for Duma OS 3.3. Hopefully you develop beta firmware for Netgear XR1000. Updates too slow to release. From version 1.0.0.64 to version 1.0.0.68 on August 5, 2023, 18 months have passed.

You don't need to switch to routerlogin.net to try and complete it or are you saying it doesn't work on 10.0.0.1 so you then switch to routerlogin to see if it works? A new version is coming I promise!

The LAN procedure stops after two screens and I have to configure it in wifi. 10.0.0.1 works but doesn't go forward. There is some bug in detecting the LAN port. After I configure the initial part in wifi and connect the router to the modem I can proceed from a PC and configure everything. I connect the modem's LAN 1 port to the router's WAN port. As regards the connection from PPPOE to STATIC IP, the benchmark gives me lost packets on the ping test but it is the TIM HUB + PLUS TECHNICOLOR modem. The previous model TIM HUB + TECHNICOLOR does not happen as well as the FRITZ BOX 7590 TIM EDITION. Therefore it will be a bug of the TIM HUB + PLUS TECHNICOLOR modem firmware and therefore I connect in PPPOE even if the QOS congestion in upload does not work on the external site https://www.waveform.com/tools/bufferbloat. However, I set the QOS to 75% download and upload. While allocating bandwidth I leave everything by default at 10% in applications. In the photo the benchmark from the router and QOS on ALWAYS.

Benchmark.jpg