XR500 Beta access / Question

I been hearing there is a Beta firmware for the XR500. Could I possibly have access to it?  Also should I be concerned about these logs?

[DoS Attack: SYN/ACK Scan] from source: 88.198.164.175, port 2086, Wednesday, June 07, 2023 10:38:43
[DoS Attack: SYN/ACK Scan] from source: 88.198.164.175, port 2086, Wednesday, June 07, 2023 10:39:01
[DoS Attack: SYN/ACK Scan] from source: 88.198.164.175, port 2086, Wednesday, June 07, 2023 10:39:07

[DoS Attack: TCP/UDP Echo] from source: 151.203.0.85, port 53, Wednesday, June 07, 2023 12:12:09

log-06-07-23.txt

• Administrators

Welcome to the forum!

I've added you to the beta, you can find it here: https://forum.netduma.com/forum/145-nighthawk-pro-gaming-beta/

No need to worry about those log entries, the NG routers show false positives a lot, it's just showing connections you've made, that one looks like a game server.

Hi Fraser

Can I also request access to the Beta for the XR500 so that I may also share this via my forum (I already share ASUS Beta's etc. directly from the ASUS DSL team) and will feedback comments etc.

(I also own the XR500)

Understand if this maybe a conflict of interest, but thought I would ask as XR500 has been a long time in dev now 🥵

• Administrators
1 minute ago, UK Sentinel said:

Hi Fraser

Can I also request access to the Beta for the XR500 so that I may also share this via my forum (I already share ASUS Beta's etc. directly from the ASUS DSL team) and will feedback comments etc.

(I also own the XR500)

Understand if this maybe a conflict of interest, but thought I would ask as XR500 has been a long time in dev now 🥵

Added!

No conflict of interest, you're a customer, you can have whatever products you like, you have a 500 so you're as entitled to access as anyone else :) 

• Administrators

I'd rather you didn't to be honest, the whole idea is that people get it here and then let us know any feedback and we can interact with them directly. All they need to do is make an account and request access and we'll provide it within a day.

Would it be possible to add me to the beta.

I'm here because my Xr500 has randomly been disconnecting multiple times a day. Wired and wireless connections.

I heard the beta is stable.

I will be able to provide feedback to whoever.

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, ferrumatt said:

Would it be possible to add me to the beta.

I'm here because my Xr500 has randomly been disconnecting multiple times a day. Wired and wireless connections.

I heard the beta is stable.

I will be able to provide feedback to whoever.

Added, let us know how you get on!

Hi, may I have access to the beta as well for the XR500?

I've been having issues on the current latest released firmware same as the OP.

I'm getting the dos attack in my log around when my router cuts out the internet almost daily. A reboot fixes it. Wondering if the beta addresses this and anything else :).

Also, this is a second account. My primary account won't reset the password. The email never comes through (checked spam, checked everywhere, have requested password reset many times), yet my email is registered as I cannot create a new account with it (says registered). Any chance to PM to get my primary account back?

• Administrators
14 hours ago, Vinny1001 said:

Hi, may I have access to the beta as well for the XR500?

I've been having issues on the current latest released firmware same as the OP.

I'm getting the dos attack in my log around when my router cuts out the internet almost daily. A reboot fixes it. Wondering if the beta addresses this and anything else :).

Also, this is a second account. My primary account won't reset the password. The email never comes through (checked spam, checked everywhere, have requested password reset many times), yet my email is registered as I cannot create a new account with it (says registered). Any chance to PM to get my primary account back?

Added! Let us know if that helps with the issue.

Sure thing, PM me the other username and I'll get that sorted for you.