XR1000 DHCP & IP RANGE ISSUES

• Administrators
7 hours ago, steelrain-0725 said:

I don’t have 50 devices on all at once. Can I list a device multiple times?

No don't list a device multiple times, it only needs one reservation - you don't need to give 50 reservations, that's just the range of IPs you can give to devices so they're out of the DHCP range. If you only have 10 devices then only do 10 reservations for example.

So I put every device on a reserved ip address last night. And right now none of them have internet and are not connected to the router. What did the last firmware updates do. I’ve had this router for 4 years and now all of a sudden these issues. 
 Please see the photo. My phone”Joshuaiphone” had a reserved address but will not connect tot he router. This is extremely frustrating 

IMG_0259.jpeg

IMG_0260.jpeg

Correction, last night after rebooting twice and the DHCP still not working I changed the DNS settings in “internet setup” from 8.8.8.8 to get automatically from isp and applied the settings and that immediately fixed the dhcp assigning issue. 
I just did a reboot again and my devices are not working still. So I’m going to change the DNS setting back to using 8.8.8.8 & 1.1.1.1 

So immediately after making this change back to dns I choose all my devices connected. The issue has to be due to some DNS issue or bug in the system. Bc if you remember in my previous post it wouldn’t let me change my IP address range until I changed the DNS settings to choose my own bc if I said get from ISP it said I had a conflict. 

• Administrators

On the BGW, set a static IP for the XR - the IP it's giving the XR at the moment will do, then set that in the DMZ/follow this guide for it: https://www.att.com/support/smallbusiness/article/smb-internet/KM1188700?source=ESSZ0SSPR00T1EsEM&wtExtndSource=20210301215930_AT%26T+Community+Forums__COMMUNITY_4532617858 then reboot the BGW, wait 2 minutes, then reboot the XR from the interface, not by pulling the power, wait 2 minutes and see if that works better.

• Administrators

Okay that's good, no you wouldn't be able to do that, I think at this stage it would be best to do a factory reset then make those reservation changes, reboot the router, wait 2 minutes then it should all work correctly

the factory reset and and the reservation changes didn't fix anything. Same exact issues. I did another factory reset last night and just setup the router using the nighthawk app and let it do all he setup.. This morning, still getting the 169.xxx on some devices. I'm about to throw this POS against the wall

None of the above. In fact on my iPhone I reset all my network connections and joined as a new connection. This morning it would not assign me an ip address but some of my wired devices and other wifi devices (my wifes iphone and ipad) were getting ip addresses. My netgear AP had to be completely shutoff twice to get a ip address.

• Administrators

I'd suggest reupgrading the firmware using the TFTP method, this bypasses the boot process and any issues there then once done do a factory reset for the freshest install possible: https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-do-I-upload-firmware-to-my-NETGEAR-router-using-TFTP-from-the-Microsoft-Windows-Command-Prompt?article=000059634 then try please

Just an update, I couldn't complete the manual method. First issue  is step #8 "Wait for the Power LED to light orange and start flashing" that never happens on my XR after reboot. It goes from constant orange to white. 2nd issue is the command prompt said it was an invalid prompt or something similar, I cant recall. I updated the XR back to the previous firmware. I want to see if the previous firmware gives me this same DHCP server not assigning ip address issue. I never had this issue until this latest firmware update. I will let you know the results

• Administrators
36 minutes ago, steelrain-0725 said:

Just an update, I couldn't complete the manual method. First issue  is step #8 "Wait for the Power LED to light orange and start flashing" that never happens on my XR after reboot. It goes from constant orange to white. 2nd issue is the command prompt said it was an invalid prompt or something similar, I cant recall. I updated the XR back to the previous firmware. I want to see if the previous firmware gives me this same DHCP server not assigning ip address issue. I never had this issue until this latest firmware update. I will let you know the results

Okay no worries, there may be some missing steps on there which I can advise on if you wish to try again but if not keep us posted!