DD wrt main router r2 second

tduma

• Administrators

All you need to do is connect the R2 or XR to the other router as you normally would and connect your console to the R2/XR and use it for the Geo. I would suggest putting the R2/XR WAN IP (you can find this on the System Information page) in the DMZ of the other router to prevent NAT issues on the console.

Do I need to set up my r2 with credentials/connection type ect...or can I just factory reset...do I disable DHCP on r2 or not...do I connect r2 to lan port on first router and lan port on r2 or internet port? Thanks FraserĀ 

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, tduma said:

Do I need to set up my r2 with credentials/connection type ect...or can I just factory reset...do I disable DHCP on r2 or not...do I connect r2 to lan port on first router and lan port on r2 or internet port? Thanks FraserĀ 

No you don't need to do anything on the R2 side, just connect the R2 internet port to a LAN port on the other router

Frazer done all that...first router can see the r2 obviously giving it an IP iv put it in first routers dmz......but I can't access the r2 gui with the new IP or the original.Ā  77.1 what do I have to do plzĀ 

• 2 months later...

Frazer think my r2 has bricked can't hard reset from the back...anyways how do I set up my xr1000 so I can just use the geo with my dd-wrt please m8

• Administrators
1 hour ago, tduma said:

Frazer think my r2 has bricked can't hard reset from the back...anyways how do I set up my xr1000 so I can just use the geo with my dd-wrt please m8

What do you mean you can't reset it exactly? In what way do you think it is bricked? For the 1000 you can just put it in AP mode if you just want to utilize the WiFi.

I was using the r2 behind my main router just for the geo filter...then today out of nowhere my Xbox wouldn't connect to the internet. So tried getting onto the interface of the r2 wouldn't let me. tried hard reset wasn't having it. Just will not reset. Not bothered now. Just want to use my xr1000 same way just for the geo filter. How do I do that plz

• Administrators
41 minutes ago, tduma said:

I was using the r2 behind my main router just for the geo filter...then today out of nowhere my Xbox wouldn't connect to the internet. So tried getting onto the interface of the r2 wouldn't let me. tried hard reset wasn't having it. Just will not reset. Not bothered now. Just want to use my xr1000 same way just for the geo filter. How do I do that plz

I'm sure we could sort out the R2 if you change your mind.

If you just want to use it for the Geo-Filter then just connect it to the other router, put the XR WAN IP in the other router DMZ and you'll be good to go.

How can I fix my r2 then Frazer if I cant access the gui or reboot it tried the 30/30/30 hard reset aswel router just doesn't respond.Ā 

• Administrators
33 minutes ago, tduma said:

How can I fix my r2 then Frazer if I cant access the gui or reboot it tried the 30/30/30 hard reset aswel router just doesn't respond.Ā 

While connected to the router via a Windows PC, open command prompt, type ipconfig press enter and then post a screenshot of the results here please.

Working again after a 24 hour rest šŸ˜‚ so iv reset from the interface...don't know how to screenshot on laptop Frazer. But it's all good for now it's working thanks anyways šŸ˜Ž anyone wanna buy a xr1000 cause that's a real piece of šŸ’© šŸ˜­

• Administrators
13 hours ago, XR700 Owner said:

Can't you just flash the firmware using tftp?

No not with the R2 unfortunately

1 hour ago, tduma said:

I got on the interface with the original ip but it wasn't working the day before it wasn't responding to anything šŸ¤Ø

Great to hear you got it working again!

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, XR700 Owner said:

Oh? Was this for security reasons or just something that the devs thought was unnecessary?

We have the capability to do it in house but I believe the reason we don't have it publicly available is down to security.

Frazer it's done it again....Xbox won't connect through the r2.....r2 internet light is on for like 5 seconds then goes off then repeats that over and over can't connect to gui with any ip address I know work including default. .77.1 won't reset using reset button on the back. Powered off all night still not responding in the morning. Command prompt showing ip4 address and subnet mask but no default gatewayĀ 

No nothing...it was working perfect how I have it setup...then one day about a week ago Xbox series x wouldn't connect and router wasn't seeing the r2..so I unplugged it and set the xr1000 up the same way. Then day n half later I plugged r2 back in and it was working. Been working 2days and then it's happened again Xbox won't connect through it and main router can't see the r2