XR 700 firmware.

Hey netduma Team really love this router software, However it seems every version I've tried there is always issues with applications for netduma OS. 

First off my internet is spectrum cable 500mb service, I just had all Coax replaced from the drop along with the terminals on the pole and all terminals to the house, So there is no issue with internet company as i checked modem signals and they are all almost perfect in signal levels, I also further complained due to latency and spoke with a lvl 3 tech from spectrum that replaced a damaged line on the pole so there is 100% internet issues ruled out by IP provider. Also on any firmware versions 1.0.1.34 above i have discontinued use of the WAN 10g port. 

Main one being Buffer bloat, WIFI along with DHCP always assigning devices the same IP Address which causes problems. So far for launch firmware V1.0.0.20.anything between 1.0.1.20 Has issues using the WAN port and i had to buy an adapter to use the WAN 10g port along with applications not working correctly. I was having 0 issue with the beta firmware for quite sometime but then noticed i would get the application loading error, where it just would constantly get stuck trying to load. so i decided to try the 1.0.1.48 then i started having WIFI issues ( yes the signal was strong I had disabled Smart connect and also ) the issue with the Wi-Fi is that devices would just stop loading anything web browsing/video streaming/gaming would just get stuck with massive latency almost as if the connection was throttled on every device. And to address the buffer bloat i have to constantly reset the distribution in congestion control, MY settings were apply : always, DL 78% UL 95% when testing ( no other devices using the internet) my buffer bloat was A+ however this would not stay consistent after a few hours and only thing that would fix it is rebooting router, then found out resetting/updating distribution would  resolve the issue. I then also removed the Netgear nighthawk Wi-Fi extender I was using. still to my surprise the Wi-Fi issue still persisted i then factory reset and attempted to use the V 1.0.1.50 and still the above Wi-Fi/buffer bloat issues persist. 

SO my next step is to factory reset current FW version then FTP install V1.0.0.20 then re-install XR700-V1.0.1.34 dumaOS 3.0 beta firmware. I just seem to notice every time i re-install firmware on the XR700 different issues always arise but its always with the main functions you would purchase the router for.  to use those specific functions, and they are always APP, WIFI, buffer bloat related. my question is will we ever have a firmware that 100% works i know netduma team does not have full control over Netgear issued Duma os routers, but there surely has to be something that can be done for 1 version of a stable firmware where all functions advertised for the router works, As at this point i would second guess allowing the netgear team use your software as they are tainting the name, That or netgear is using subpar chipsets in these dumaOS routers.

Please if you have any other suggestions let me know, and please do not give me lvl 1 or lvl 2 advice, I would just like a 100% working version that does not require constant " work arounds " 

Thanks,

Aaron.

• Administrators

Just to clarify your issues:

1. You're getting the Rapp not loaded message? Is this on all pages or specific pages?
  2. Bufferbloat - you didn't actually mention the issue you were having with this, could you expand please or is this the WiFi issue you're referring to?
  3. WiFi goes laggy/slow

The further back in firmware you go the more likely you are to have issues so best to stay on the latest or the old beta for the moment. Yes there will be new firmware coming that should be more stable.

Try this for your WiFi issue specifically: While connected via ethernet, disable WiFi radios entirely from the Advanced WiFi settings, reboot the router from the interface, wait 2 minutes, access, enable WiFi radios, apply, reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes then see if they appear and if it's more stable from then on.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, bebito_fiufiu said:

Como va la actualización??? La tendremos para este año? La última información que tenemos es del día 2 de marzo. Saludos

Estamos haciendo versiones para él, así que sí, recibirás una actualización este año.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
9 hours ago, bebito_fiufiu said:

Desde el día 2 de marzo no hay información sobre el proceso del xr700. Que tal van las pruebas???

Va bien, nuestra última compilación logró una tasa de aprobación del 88 % en nuestras pruebas, pero el 12 % falló, así que solo queda un poco más por resolver.

16 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Traffic Controller es una característica de tipo control parental. Su juego ya tendrá prioridad en Priorización de tráfico en la parte inferior de la página de QoS.

Ya puedo dejar qos a 0 la opción de gaming que mi juego no se corta ni hace nada.. eso me da que pensar que no están pasando los paquetes 

• Administrators

Simplemente eliminaría la opción Controlador de tráfico porque no es lo correcto para priorizar el tráfico. ¿Puede proporcionar una captura de pantalla de la priorización del tráfico en la página de QoS, por favor?

Just now, Netduma Fraser said:

Simplemente eliminaría la opción Controlador de tráfico porque no es lo correcto para priorizar el tráfico. ¿Puede proporcionar una captura de pantalla de la priorización del tráfico en la página de QoS, por favor?

image.thumb.png.b97dd88140b010defb490c2f9e5cf14e.png

image.png